Looking for a replacement for Prima Mystique

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by fellowsdrake, Jun 8, 2013.

1. fellowsdrake

fellowsdrake Two Bucket System Washer

I want to continue shopping and supporting detailersdomain. They no longer carry the prima and I'm running out.
    I like the suds, I use it as an indicator to let me know that I have enough soap. I also love the slick finish it leaves behind. I don't really have the time anymore to wax every other wash like I used to, so maybe a good 2 in 1 would be great.

I don't do car shows so using that natural wax vs sealant isn't a big deal to me. A good all 2 in 1 wash n wax would be superb. But if not a just really want a good not too harsh wash for my car.

2. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

Among the shampoos Phil currently carries I really like both Lusso Auto Bathe and Optimum Car Wash but I haven't tried the 1Z shampoos (many people seem to like Perls) or AF Lather. I'm not at all a fan of wash and wax products as a class.

It is a shame that Prima doesn't seem to be all that successful in the marketplace. IMO they have the best packaging design and they don't just offer me-too products or relabeled versions of other products. Slick, Hydro and Amigo are among my favorites. Banana Gloss definitely has a place for quick and temporary jobs and Swirl, Nero, Clarity and Glide are certainly respectable. I have Hydro Wash and Hydro Seal but haven't gotten around to using them yet. I also haven't tried Infinity. The public marketplace is far more driven by hype and marketing than it is by quality or originality.

3. awdxtc

awdxtc Birth of a Detailer

1Z pearls is awesome as is Lusso. Get both and try them out, I did and I love them both. I switch it up every now and then. Another product I really like even though you can't get it from detailersdomain is CG Citrus wash and gloss.

4. Holden

Holden DB Forum Supporter

Can't go wrong with Adam's shampoo!

1z gloss shampoo is great as well, leaves behind a nice shine. Doesn't sud as much as other shampoos but I usually add a dab of Adam's for more suds.

5. fellowsdrake

fellowsdrake Two Bucket System Washer

One thing that irritates me is when they advertise "smells great". I could give to kidney stones less what it smells like. No one sniffs a wheel well and says "boy oh boy does that smell good" what the frick is this industry coming to about scents ?!