Look what the Gaia does!

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by ps3king, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

So I purchased my Gaia and had it for a few weeks now. I've used it on the carpets in my house and also on a couple cars.

I was torn between the VX5000 and the Gaia and after speaking with Richy I was convinced to get the Gaia and have no regrets whatsoever! Thanks Richy

It made the carpets in my house soft and fluffy - something we hadn't experienced since we moved in.

This thing is a beast and cleans a lot of tough stains. I'll let the pics do the talking.

Here's my friend's carpet on a Pontiac Sunfire that hasn't ever been cleaned (over 8 years). Also this is my friend's dad's car who happens to be a sandblaster. There was more sand in this car than any kids park!

The Champ!
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

That reddish rust stain was hard as nails. Used some folex and the gaia steamer with zep carpet shampoo to get it off. Used the steam function to loosen up the fibres. It did require some mild scrubbing.

After:
    [​IMG]

Front Passenger Side Before
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Another After:
    [​IMG]

Backseat Carpet Before:
    [​IMG]

Backseat Carpet After:
    [​IMG]

Now onto my Car. A 09 Dodge Charger

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So there you have it. I should've taken some more before pics but I'm still pretty new.

I like the Gaia because it has all three functions...steam, vacuum, and extraction.

The steam function is good to loosen up the carpet fibres and it releases all the dirt. The extraction function is key to shampoo and clean the dirt off the carpets. The vacuum function is mainly meant to pick up the water or solution that you sprayed onto the carpets.
    The vacuum function should not be used as a replacement for a wet/dry vac or even a regular vacuum because 1) it's not that powerful and 2)using it as a wet/dry will is not recommended by Vapour Clean.

I hope this helps somebody who is looking considering between a steamer or extractor.

One final note- I plan to use the gaia until I can make enough money to buy something more powerful and dedicated like the mytee and also another more powerful steamer. But until then it gets the job done and it's a very cost-effective solution. I paid $769USD for it here.

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions!

-Waseem

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Holy salt stains!! That thing is amazing!!

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Damn son, that is one giant turnaround. How much did you pay for that thing?

4. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

it was $769 USD with free shipping to States. Since I live in Canada I paid $811.69CAD + $102 in taxes for when I went to Ogdensburg, NY to pick it up (about 40min drive from my place). so total for me was ~$915 CAD.

BUT if you live in the states expect only to pay $769USD.

-Waseem

5. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

It would be great if you could post up a video! I didn't really find anything that I liked on Youtube.

6. richy

richy Guest

Waseem...I'm delighted it has worked as well for you as it has for me. Doesn't look like you had any learning curve with it...your results are amazing! Kudos to you also with having the courage to go against the "everyone buys this one" crap. I've always said this is a damned good machine but nobody listens and just talks about the much more expensive VX5000. Congrats on a great purchase! (Have you tried in on grout yet?)

7. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

Thanks Richy,

I haven't tried it on grout just yet and I'm not sure if I want to. I know once I do my kitchen and my mom sees just how wonderful my new toy is she will make me clean the kitchen every week like clockwork.

I think once she steps out I just might try it :D

8. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

does the Vapor Clean Gaia house have adjustable steam pressure at the hose or on the machine itself? cuz vx5000 you can adjust from 30 psi or 65 psi.

9. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

on the machine. comes in 3 settings : Min, Med, and Max.

10. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

Congrats on the purchase and nice results with the carpets. I have the VX5000 and love it. I did get a seprerate and love both.

Whatever works for you is all that matters. Everyone has a tool, a wax, a shampoo or a buffer they love, because it does the job for them. You will have yours. Richy is one who uses other products with very happy results and that works for him.

He turned me on to Duragloss products and I too love the results it produced. I think Richy should be in sales (if he isn't already)!!

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Awesome results! For some odd reason I thought the unit you were referring to was the Desiderio and not the Gaia so when you mentioned not being able to use the unit as a vacuum, I was sad. Now that I realize you were reviewing the Gaia, all is well. Looks like it's a great machine!

12. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

wow! I was not planning on getting a machine like this, but i've heard a lot from richy on how great this thing is.

I really wish it was in the budget for such a machine. Maybe I should make it part of the budget??

13. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

I certainly would. I find that if there's anything people are most picky about it's Interiors. Living in Canada and going through the tough winters here really plays a toll on carpets especially with the road salt hardening and leeching onto your carpets in the -40 degree Celsius weather. This winter was not as bad as the past few winters we've had before and that's the salt that accumulated. Having an extractor or steamer will definitely make you feel more confident and can reduce some of the workload too.

This thing is starting to pay for itself. I'll try to get a video next time I use it on a really bad car.

if somebody could post a video or pics of a vx5000 that too would be awesome just as a comparison.

Thanks everybody for looking.

-Waseem

14. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Waseem, those are great results!

You people down south have no idea how canadian cars can get salty after a rough winter :)