Look what came in!

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by rich909, Jun 6, 2009.

1. rich909

rich909 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I received my Metabo that I got online and my backing plates and foam finger from Rubbish Boys. (Thx Ben)

From Rubbish Boys
    [​IMG]

My New Metabo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With 125mm backing plate
    [​IMG]

75mm on my Makita I already have
    [​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nothing beats a good piece of hardware, very nice!

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That is awesome!

4. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Good looking order!

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Great stuff!

6. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Nice buy...:thumb:

7. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

what is the difference between the two? I see alot of people use both, but not necessarily have both.

8. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I wish I had the Metabo but love my makita

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Good deal, I like those backing plates

10. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

I've used both...

They are both great machines, and we would be happy to own either (we actually have two Makitas now). The Makita is more of a workhorse, and since we will most likely be getting a lot of hours out of our rotaries, we chose the Makita for that reason. Also, the Makita has a higher range of speeds - it can run slower AND faster than the Metabo. I also like the ergonomics of the Makita better as well. Not only is the loop handle a great idea, but I like the trigger switch on the Makita and the location of the speed dial more than the Metabo.

Now, the Metabo is more compact and a bit lighter (the difference does not feel as much as it is on paper), and it does come with that handy spindle extension for the backing plate which I think is awesome! :applause:You can, however, buy that extension separately...I think that teh Makita might actually be a little quieter than the Metabo as well. Oh, and I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they've overheated their Makita...:shead:

Hope this helps!

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

mmmmm, Metabo.

Very nice! :thumb: