Long Term Results with ONR

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by cptzippy, Mar 19, 2012.

1. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

I know a lot of folks (including me) have been using ONR for a while. How's it working for you? How is the marring level? Compared to what you did before? Compared to the best two-bucket, foam gun etc?

TIA,
    Tony

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I do a mix of two bucket and ONR on my wife's Fusion and it has to look as good as the day we purchased it two years ago. At times I still cannot believe its so easy. I have to add that I'm still using version one!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

3. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I have been using ONR for a while. The only time I have noticed excessive marring has been when used as a clay luber. It's really cost effective, but it sucks as a clay luber. I thought it was decent until I tried other dedicated lubers available (Dodo Juice Born to be Slippy / CG's Luber). As a No-Rinse wash, it works well unless the clear is ultra soft. You can reduce marring on soft clear if you spray the ONR and let soak on a panel before wiping it off with a mf.

4. 01GreyStangGT

01GreyStangGT Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I haven't noticed any in 2 years. I still am using version 1.

5. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Damn for real? Looks like I need to try those out. Do you think mixing the ONR at a less diluted ratio would make for a more slick clay lube? Any one try it? I usually take two full cups (the cap off a 32oz ONR bottle and pour them to a 32oz. bottle. It's more concentrated than they recommend for clay lube, but it works great for me.

6. tonipieleanu

tonipieleanu Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This is how my car looks after 1.5years with ONR washing and no polishing in between:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right now, some panels ahve very low marring and it's been 2 been 2 years since the last polish. I'm going to do some very light finishing polish, just to get back in the game. ONR just works!

7. BlakRam

BlakRam Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Just did my first ONR wash. It was very easy and convenient. I now see how great this product is when limited on water. A couple buckets filled with water and you can wash a car anywhere.

8. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

I use it as a clay lube. Haven't had enough wash experience with it yet.

9. LukeF

LukeF Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I hadn't used it in a few months, as the conditions didn't permit to do so. However, on a freshly waxed/sealed vehicle, I had forgotten how quick and effortless it was to wash a vehicle. I was again impressed at the glossiness as well [with V1, V3 is on the way].

10. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

Yeah I use ONR at a higher than recommended ratio as a clay bar lube. Haven't noticed any marring because of it.

11. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I have v2 which I've been using about 35% of the time mixed with 2BM. I see no marring that I can attribute to ONR but, if I can avoid it, I don't use it when the vehicle is really filthy. It is my winter go-to but I take the car to a coin-op spray wash place first and use their spray set on "rinse" coupled with a prespray of ONR. I follow that with a regular ONR process at home. I like it. I'll be buying v3 when I run out of this.

12. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

been using it before v1. Still use it regularly to this day. Its works and works well.

13. K3RMiTdot

K3RMiTdot DB Forum Supporter

do any of u use ONR and then clay, polish, wax the whole nine yards??
    im thinking of that, because law doesnt permit me to use foam guns and all that fun stuff. =(

14. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

I've done it and actually prefer it. It allows you to do a panel at a time which works for me with time constraints.

15. K3RMiTdot

do u guys use it for the wheel wells??

im thinking of using it for wheel wells... but my car is so low it hard to reach LOL!

as for under carriage ill prob just go to a local car wash... life sucks when ur not allowed to wash it on your driveway

16. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

17. K3RMiTdot

thanks!