1. SignatureSeriesOwner

SignatureSeriesOwner Virgin Detailer

I apologize if this is in the wrong sub-forum, it's a "sealant/protectant" yet is known as a "polish" - I was torn :D

Does anyone else use it? I've had simply fantastic results with it on any vehicle I put it on. I make sure I clay bar the surface first, then apply 3 (sometimes 4) coats of LG before I apply wax. Sometimes you can't tell what color the car is, because it reflects everything!! :D
    It also seems incredibly durable, I usually re-apply it every 8-12 months (while waxing in between year-to-year periods) and it still seems to be doing it's job when I clay bar it all off again..

What are your experiences with it? Some people seem to look down on it as being a "dinosaur" method of keeping your car looking good, but I love it. Works wonders. Water beads up like crazy, with just this product alone. I never see it in stores anymore, save for the nearest Pep Boys (an hour drive) and online it's $20-26/can. It's a shame it's not more widely sold, but then again, if I never used it, the price would scare me away. I feel it's completely worth it.

Am I the last of the "dinosaurs" or are there more of us? :)

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

There are plenty of Liquid Glass users. For whatever reason, I never see too many LG users on forums... I think they just love to use it exclusively and don't have much to say because they are so happy with it. If it works for you, and you love it, then keep on doing it. I bought a container of Liquid Glass when I was still new to detailing and I remember that it was extremely durable and the shine was nice but other than that it never really stood out to me.

And you're right, it is very hard to find Liquid Glass over the counter. Even my local Pep Boys barely have 2 or 3 containers in stock at a time. The introduction of Liquid Glass Legend priced at $100 for a 16oz bottle only tells me that the company is still doing well and wants to move forward in the market.

3. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I think this is true of a lot of different brands of detailing products. There seems to be the hot product (some call the flavor of the month) so the long existing products do not get much attention unless someone has some initiative to promote it. Many products on the market are good (meaning they work fine for most people) but people often want to discuss the mythical best regularly.