Liquid Finish Detailing - Black Car Madness! Opticoat & Paint Correction Spring / Winter 2014

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Woob, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Been quite an interesting North Carolina Spring/End of Winter madness lately. Having 3 Polar Vortexes has brought quite a variety of conditions to work with!

• Cleaning: Foam Chemical Guys Citrus Wash, Optimum Power Clean, Meguiars Hyper Wash
    • Wheels & Wells: Optimum Power Clean various brushes, Liquid Finish’s Special “Super Clean” Solution
    • Tires: HiTemp Tire Cleaner, Liquid Finish’s Special “Super Clean” Solution, CarPro Perl
    • Clayed with Nanoskin Glide & Yellow Erazer Medium Clay
    • Door & Trunk Jams: Car Soap & Optimum OptiClean
    • Polish: HD Adapt, 3d Car Care HD Polish, Meguiars Ultra Finishing Polish M205
    • Protect: HD Speed, HD Poxy & Prima Hydro
    • Various Products: Optimum OptiClean, Meguiars Last Touch, Menzerna Top Inspection, Stoner Tarminator & 3m Adhesive Remover
    • Exhaust Tips & Wheels: Optimum Metal Polish
    • Wheels: Prima Hydro & Meguiars Last Touch
    • rear license plate area bracket removed, cleaned, polished, and sealed with Optimum Opti-Seal.
    • Many hours spent with q-tips and towels to remove all the wax residue throughout every crack / seem on the vehicle.
    • Quick interior vacuum, horsehair dusting, and Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer

First up a hood paint save on this Audi S4, plastic shovels should not be used on paint to remove snow. I used HD Adapt and a few microfiber pads to address the various deep defects. HD Speed & HD Poxy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, this Honda Accord I've seen plenty of times deal with overspray and bodyshop work. HD Adapt, Polish, Speed, and HD Poxy. Honda paint is pretty darn straightforward to work with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A very unique and special FR-S Monogram edition in for New Car Opticoat. CarPro Perl on tires.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beautiful 2014 BMW 528i Space Grey for New Car Opticoat.[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Black Car Madness! A Variety of vehicles that I had to hammer with proper paint correction. Various examples of body shop and detailing neglect. Some say detailers are overrated and expensive, I say we save cars from a cycle of disaster.

2004 G35, previous owner couldn’t care less for the cosmetic portion of the vehicle. We did what we could despite many issues all over the vehicle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    $240 a pop per headlight? Why not do a basic polish and save yourself money
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I see clouds not swirls!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 with wonderful body shop hologramming despite having a special custom hood. HD Adapt, HD Polish, Meguiars 205 were all used in various situations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No sun! Sucks to be me detailing late into the evening. I helped the owner understand the entire world of detailing and gave an introduction to basic waxing principles with his new orbital.

3. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

2008 CLS 550 Black with 68K Miles. Someone hit a few areas with a Dewalt and wool pad. So after many days of frustration and scheduling we got this vehicle in to deal with most of the defects. Some very deep defects that we backed away from, especially considering almost half the panels had some repaint history of some sort.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sun progress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great job, thanks for sharing.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Great work on all cars, but especially enjoyed the G35...

6. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Thanks all, that G35 was pretty wrecked.