lexol or leather master???

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by kei169, Apr 7, 2009.

1. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

hi everyone,

I have heard a lot of good reviews on Lexol cleaner and conditioner and LM. offcourse, Lexol is cheaper!
    Anyone used both and how do you feel about them?

Thanks,:worship2::worship2::worship2:
    Kei

2. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

leather masters

3. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I currently use Lexol, it doesn't have that "leather" smell that most leather cleaners/conditioners have thank god. I can't stand that smell. Anyways, I can't compare it to LM but I like the results I see with it, dead easy to apply. It's the only leather protectant I've tried but so far I like it, specially since it's so much cheaper. But maybe further down the road I may fork out the money and try LM.

4. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

i want to ask,
    do you use Lexol cleaner followed with its conditioner, and do u use protecton?
    What do you use?

5. BrendanS

I use Majestic Solutions Leather Plastic Cleaner, then use the conditioner. I honestly don't like the cleaner though. Smells disgusting. I need to get some fragrance to put into it.

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I haven't tried Leather Masters, but I can tell you that Lexol's cleaner has never impressed me. It doesn't seem to do much of anything.

It really does smell awful.

I put about an ounce of their "Clean Cotton" scent in mine and it's all better now. I think JL did the same thing, just with one of their citrus scents.

7. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

interesting to see everyone's opinions...this'll help me in deciding as well

8. BrendanS

Do you think if I put an oz or two of febreze in that it would be ok? That or if I can find a fragrance at say wal-mart or something, if I put that in there it will be ok? It smells awful. Also, when you apply, do you use a scrub brush or an applicator pad? I find my Megs scrub brush sucks with it.

9. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Leather master is one of the best cleaners and conditioners I have used.

10. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

i use lexol cleaner and protect/dressing .. it works .. like everyone said smell is funky .. but im def most likely going to try LM soon

11. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

wow....... seems like i should take advantage of the DD sales here.....

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

True that. Lexol makes leather so sticky, and I hate that...
    Leather Master all the way!!!

13. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I don't understand why the stuff smells so awful. They told me it's their "Leather Scent" that's in it. It's bad.

No idea on the Febreeze for sure, but I can't see why that wouldn't work. Phil himself told me putting an ounce or two of fragrance in the stuff is fine.

I use Costco microfiber towels with mine - never tried brushes.

14. edwinbong

seems like LM is the way to go!

15. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

i put the trigger with the LM.
    can't wait to try that out!

16. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

LM for sure.

17. edwinbong

let us know how it goes

18. eShine

eShine Guest

Been using Lexol for over a decade. IMO as long as you clean and condition the leather on a regular basis you will be fine. I have never seen leather problems when they are maintained. What I do see is people not touching the leather for 5 years then when the leather product does not magically remove the stains and remove the cracks....they claim the leather product sucks LOL. Also, you can not jusdge how a leather product works by using it a few times, it takes YEARS! You may like one scent or look over another but in the end, if the leather falls apart who cares about that leather smell ;)

19. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

DD is having a moving sale .. so i decided to pick up to LM kit with a few other goodies

20. Bunky

Bunky Guest

When I was looking for a leather conditioner, I smelled Lexol and I did not like it at all.

I only have top coated leather so I think expensive products seem to be unnecessary even when the "experts" . I ened up getting 4 Star Leather Conditioner.