Lets talk polishes!!

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by J BELL, Sep 8, 2008.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Hey guys, im contemplating replenishing my polishing stash...at the moment i am dead set with finishing polishes (106ff, 85RD, ultrafina, 1Z High Gloss Polish)...and am looking to beef up my heavier hitters.. From the following list would everyone throw ideas of what the best combo of two polishes would be....please and thank you!

1Z Proline Itensive Pasta
    Menzerna Powergloss
    Menzerna SIP
    Meguiar's 95
    High Temp Extreme Cut Leveler

Now only two!!

For what its worth i have the following left in my stash....Poorboys SSR2.5, Menzerna IP, System One X3, M105...

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

SIP is a must. great polish. maybe the 1Z? havent tried there polishes yet. kinda the old saying, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

I have 4 polishes from Menzerna and 1 from meg's.

3. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Megs 105 is supposed to be good, I have Presta as well as Menz and I cn combo them with great success

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I would suggest the M95 and SIP. I have used both and have been happy.

I still have yet to use the others you have mentioned Jared but I'll probably stay away from Powergloss since I already have M105 and M95.

5. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Good call Denzil..i didnt know if it was a good idea to get the 95 since i already have 105 but i wasnt sure...its Jordan Denzil haha no worries

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

LoL. :giggle:

Damn, I have to really stop sniffing my compounds/polishes. I guess Jared popped into my mind instead of Jordan, ROFL. :doh:

7. virtual

virtual DB Pro Supporter

SIP with foamed wool, and cutting pads are my favorite!
    Love the stuff :)

8. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Ok it seems SIP is a consensus, which i was sure it would be...now can others that have had experience with 2 or more of these compare them for me...most interestingly 1Z intensive pasta and SIP...and high temp haha

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I love SIP and have PG as well. Am looking to try 3M and the new Megs though.

10. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Would you mind putting these four in your order of preference; most to least? Plz include machine and pad too, if you don't mind.

I, too, am set on finishing polishes, and have SIP and SysOneX3.

11. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

SIP
    1Z Intensive
    Megs 95
    High Temp

I dont want to get 1Z if it has the same cut and such as SIP..i need two different but good polishes

12. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I was askin about the other 4, not the ones you just listed. I just wanted to know where SysOneX3 stood compared to PBSSR2.5, IP and M105.

13. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

System 1
    IP
    M105 cuz i still havent gotten the full hang of it yet
    SSR2.5

All via Flex DA and orange pad...system 1 is very pad dependent and finishes very nicely!

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I think I'm actually going to give the 1Z Proline a shot and order them from Phil. If I can save myself money by finding something very comparable to SIP, the more happy I will be, hehe.

15. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

Optimum Polish and Optimum hyper compound work just fine for me especially OHC with orange LC pad...

16. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

Bell,
    do you find Menz IP with Orange LC flat pad on Flex just fells "toothless" I need 3-4 applications to get rid of not too bad swirld on a BMW paint.:waiting2:
    Is that the case with you also? It feels like PO106FF to me on the Flex???

I actually running these two polishes between thumb-index finger, PO106FF feels more abrasive than IP:shead:

17. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Awesome, thanks! I agree with you on the SystemOne, but damn does it dust on me! Since SIP is a given, I'd suggest you pick up a couple of PFW pads if you haven't already. The High-Temp product you mention scares me. If M95 is easier to work with than M105, maybe pick that up? But then again, Phil has a special on the 1Z line and I'm sure Al would tell you that the High-Temp Xtreme cut is good stuff. Wow, if I were in your position there's no way I'd be able to make a decision, LOL.

I say get the High-Temp and then do some trading! :D

18. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Haha i know man im dyin over here...i wonder if 1Z is more aggressive than SIP, and less aggressive than 95????

19. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Hi Temp Extreme power cut plus is definately one you should buy

it's cheap, never gums up and can leave a markless finish with edge black wool with the right technique

If you need stronger than that, give G Techniq P1 nanoscopic polish a try

Removes 500 grit deep scratches and takes less paint out than normal ones

It's a nanotech one

That with edge wool can remove pitts heaps easy
    A little gummy and powdery (seems to have a talcum powder like product in it)

M105 appears to be nice but I'm not a Meguiar user

20. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Dream Machine, thank you for your reply...and where abouts would i look for the more aggressive product you mentioned? I cant say that i have heard of this one...excited to see it!