lenses and more

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Calgarydetail, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

im looking at ordering a camera from lensesnmore.com i was wondering if anyone has ordered anything from them?
    what are your experiences?

2. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

STAY AWAY!

Lenses N More Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

I don't have any experience with them but a rating of 0.25 / 10 is not a good sign.

Most of the camera stores you see online with good prices are scams. Always check reseller ratings to see if they are legit.

For safe online ordering i do all my shopping through B&H Photo and Adorama. I know others like some other stores such as Beach Camera, but I can't vouch for them.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have also bought from B&H before and it was a good experience.

4. BlueZero

BlueZero Birth of a Detailer

B&H gets a vote from me also.

5. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

stay away from those sites...use b&h ..u may spend a little more $$ but at least u will get ur camera

6. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I've read on a camera forum the other day that Broadway photo is bad too, but cant speak about them myself.

7. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Another vote for B&H or Adorama...fast shipping even to Canada.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've read that too...

If there's a price that seems too good to be true, just Google their company followed by "reviews" and you'll be sure to find any positive or negative comments/reviews about that company.

9. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Which camera you have in mind?

10. Calgarydetail

Thanks everyone for the head up, i wont be ordering from them.

As for the camcoreer i want, i was looking at a canon XH-A1, (since it was such a goood price on LnM) but not that is 4g i dont think i will be getting one.

I am no looking at the Canon Gl2, all the reviews I have read say its a great prosumer camera, and i can get it fro about 1600-1700 new. Big plus.

I have to do some more looking around but i am thinking this is the camcorder I want

11. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Virgin Detailer

+1 for BH, ordered from them many times throughout the years, always been very satisfied with their service.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

I too have good things to say about BH, I give them a :thumb: up

13. Calgarydetail

i started looking around and found a used camcorder on ebay, its in red deer so its in the same province as me (makes for fast shipping) and right now is about 800 cheaper then the cheapest online store.

Its the canon gl2, its an older modle (a few years) but I have read a ton of reviews and it looks like an awesome camera...

im 22 minutes away, wish me luck

14. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Good luck Calgary!!!!!!!!!!

15. Calgarydetail

I have ome bad news, within the last 15 seconds i would outbid, i had a 50bucl cushion but lost it. To bad, i really wanted that camcorder....stupid snipers...

ohh well there are a few others I want, guess its back to ebay and camcorder info

16. Calgarydetail

so i just noticed that b&h has a used section, i thought i would post incase someone else is looking... from the sounds of it they are a very relable co. so i figure a used camera frm them would be a safe bet....

17. BlueZero

BlueZero Birth of a Detailer

Bummer about the sniper.

Another used place that's been around forever is KEH. I've never bought anything from them but know people who have. Seems like a good place.

The owner of B&H (Henry Posner) used to be on one of my photography forums. When ever someone would post issues, he would always jump in and help. Seemed like he really did what he could for customer service.

18. Calgarydetail

cool thanks for the head up blue zero....I tell you, picking a camcorder i way harder then i thought, you read a review on this and it says buy that, you read that review and it tells you this is better......

Im thinking i might put it pn hold and save up for a Canon XH-A1, its supposted to be a wicked camera. I have yet to read a bad review on it..... to bad a used on is 3k....ohh well off to work to save up :)

19. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing