Leatherique

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Jul 6, 2010.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

just got my first order of leatherique from DB.

it is alot more watery than I thought it would be. was picturing it would be creaming (the rejuvenator). so using it on my s2000 seats was a little rough as it was my first time

anybody have any tricks to applying the leatherique product without wasting so much of it. do you use pads to put the rejuv oil on and spread it thin or does everybody out there just spread gobs of it everywhere hoping most of it sinks in?

thanks

godoman

2. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

Put a spray head on the rej oil bottle and then spray the oil on the seats and then spread it on the seat using your hands. apply it on the entire leather surface. let it sit for minimum 5 - 6 hours and then spray prestine clean, wait 10 sec and wipe with a clean mf towel.

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

excellent, I never would have thought of that and totally would have wasted a very expensive product with ignorance.

thanks a million

godoman

4. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

You really do not need to soak the seats with anymore than a light shiny coating of Rejuvenating Oil. If your seats are dry, you will see certain areas absorb the oil and look more satin rather than shiny which is ok. All in all, you should don't use this product sparingly just from the nature of how it works but you also don't need to use a lot and have it dripping off the leather either. I have done 3 cars now and have only used an 1/8th of my small bottle.

5. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

that is reasuring to know. after I did my honda seats I think I used about 1/16th of the bottle and was thinkning that this stuff could go fast and it is really expensive. need to fool around with it more

thanks again

godoman

6. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

+1 on the wateriness of the stuff. Gonna try it out for the first time this weekend. How's the after-smell? I thought the RO would have that 'leathery' smell, but it doesn't.

Have been told to use a lightly damp MF towel when wiping off the Prestine Clean. Does this just make it easier to remove the product or is there another reason?

7. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

I have not tried using the sprayer method yet, but have used a MF applicator many times and like the results. The instructions on the bottle really don't exist, so I refer people to the Leatherique site for detailed instructions. Rejuvinator & P.C. Directions | Leatherique Restoration Products

IMO it is time for Leatherique to invest in a new label

8. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Hey, check out Petrucci's latest M3 detail; you can see how much leatherique to apply as he got a few shots of what the seats looked like.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/show-shine/19017-petruccim3-bmw-e46-m3-carbon-black.htm

9. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Godoman,pour the oil in cup and brush it on the seats with a foam brush. Should be very shiney to the surface rub it in a little with your gloved hands. This product needs time for it break down the dirt in the leather. If you wipe off in less than 8 hours your just wasteing your time! After a few hours if the oil seems to be absorbed add more! When the seats stay shiney for a long time 8-24 hours your done! There is no more dirt to be absorbed. Spray Prestine Clean on and scrub with a soft brush. This product is a time thing. I suggest leaving it on for 24 hours. Also leave the car outside in the heat, hotter the better!! Helps speed up the process! Hope that helps?

10. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Please let us know how it works out on your S2000 seats. I've got one too, and have been on the fence about trying it.

11. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

well I used it on my passenger side seat and put it on for 3 hours. just three hours I was not amazed but still it was better then anything else I used. I have off from my day job starting this thursday so I will give it a 24 hour treatment with all the great advice I got here.

everything you guys told me makes total sense, cant believe I did not think of it myself.

will keep you posted

godoman

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

13. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

I used it this weekend for the first time. Probably not the best test of it since the car only has 13,000 miles and is always kept clean and garage parked. Applied a thin coat of RO with a spray bottle and spread it by hand. Closed it up in a 100+degree garage for about 24 hours. Seats seemed to have absorbed some of the oil. Sprayed the Prestine Clean on the seats and wiped away any residual with a clean MF. Was expecting it to be very difficult to remove the RO, but it came off very easily with the Prestine. While there's probably not a significant difference in the appearance of my black seats, the MF towel had a significant amount of dirt on them afterwards.

Will probably use this stuff up and go with Leather Masters just b/c of ease of use, but very happy with this product.

14. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

Right now I'm working on a BMW 320D E90. Last night I've applied Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil and now I'm cleaning with Leatherique Prestine Clean. I've made a picture with my BB phone 50/50:

[​IMG]

15. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

This is the method I use. I picked up foam sponges at the local Michaels and they work very well.

I disagree that you need to leave Pristine Clean on for 24 hours. I wipe it on with a foam pad and wipe off with MF. Sometimes 2 applications are neccessary, but I generally apply Leather Masters Strong Cleaner after Rejuvinator oil, as I like it as a cleaner better then Pristine Clean. Ive talked with leatherique and they didnt mention letting the PC dwell... Also, you can get it done it less then 8 hours without it being a waste. You need heat...a blow dryer works ok.

16. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

Rej Oil need to stay more time on the leather. About prestine: spray, let it 5 - 10 sec and wipe.