Leather Masters VS Leatherique

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by froboy272, Aug 21, 2009.

1. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Okay,

I have the leather cleaning/conditioning set from Lexus (since i have the LS) and haven't been too happy with the conditioner. I find the seats to still look kinda dry and not to my satisfaction.

I' v been on here reading every day since i found this site (thanks for all your helpful comments and articles guys) and cant decide which way to go. At one point someone meantioned neatsfoot oil also but i have read elsewhere that this can be dangerous to use in automotive seating long term. I'm keeping this car for a while and would love to hear from anyone who has used both of these products and can compare their results based off of personal experience.

These products are pretty expensive so id like to get it right the first time. Thanks.

2. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

I haven't used the Leather Masters kit before so I can't comment on that, but the Leatherique kit is my current favorite leather cleaner/preserver.

The Rejuvenating oil only needs to be used a couple times a year and does a great job of softening up the leather and removing all the dirt and oil trapped in the leather.

The Pristine clean is an amazing leather cleaner. I use to use Meg's Leather cleaner/conditioner but that left my seats with what felt like a waxy film over it. Now I use the Pristine Clean with a spray head attached and touch up my seats with it. I even use it on my steering wheel to remove that glossy look and leave it with a nice matte finish.

It is expensive, but so is leather. You gotta pay to play.

BTW, this has all been used on BMW leather.

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i have been useing pinnacle leather lotion . and love it !!!! leaves the leather soft and smelling great . not cheap though 35 bucks a bottle but worth every penny....

4. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

I would for the intial cleaning go with Leatherique , then for maintenance go with the Leather Masters. :thumb:

5. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

That's pretty expensive, and I think the OP wanted to just buy one or the other.

Though, that does sound like a good idea.

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

leather master all the way. Leather will feel soft, and you won't have that "sqeek" that you get from other leather conditioners.

7. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

darn no one has any love for pinnacle??:acry2:

8. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I will use nothing on my seats or shoes other than Leather Master.

9. froboy272

and the debate continues. ha ha ha. i really like the sound of the leather masters vital. my thinking was the following...

use leatherique rejuvinator, follow with pristine clean, then apply leather masters vital. any thoughts? this way i only have to buy one out of the 3 leather masters trio (and its the one that seems to be raved about).

10. froboy272

not ignoring your pinnacle suggestion. theses cleaners all seem to be expensive. i dont have a problem spending the money ( lord knows since iv found this site im almost $1k in, and that was 2 weeks ago) i just want to get the best products the first time.

11. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I would recommend buying the LM trio. That way you can try it in the smaller bottles and see for yourself. The cleaner works great for light to moderate soiling. The vital is just awesome because it makes the leather so soft to the touch. The Protection is what it says it does and my dress shoes are proof since there are no stains from water etc... The thing I like the most is the matte finish LM leaves behind. I will throw away a product if it gives the leather any type of shine. I like the new car/shoe look. Plus it doesn't have an awful odor either.

12. froboy272

oh man i didn't even think about doing my shoes. im in sales and go through dress shoes like they are nothing. i just got a nice pair of bruno maglis that i wasn't going to wear to work and haven't done anything with yet b/c i wanted to protect them. i love how we all use care care products for household things too. i had to clean off the blower the other day and a few gas cans that were nasty. pulled out the grime reaper and was done in seconds.

back to leather though my seats are not dirty at all and im only doing my own families cars no professional work so maybe ill try the leather master trio and go from there.

any comments on this neatsfoot oil stuff?

13. loudog2

loudog2 Two Bucket System Washer

I use the pinnacle cleaner/conditioner. It works great! What is the website for leather masters? It's definitely not leathermasters.com. That was pretty disturbing!!!

14. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

http://www.detailersdomain.com/leathermasterstrongcleanerleathercleaner.aspx

Both Leatherique & Leather Masters are great. I use Leatherique for really bad interiors & Leather Masters for upkeep.

15. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I'm in sales as well and it works wonders on my shoes. Btw, all I can say is to get Ecco's if your in sales and you go through shoes like crazy. I used to buy Johnston and Murphy for work until it seemed like I was buying dress shoes every 6 months. Anyway, I had the Ecco's for 1 1/2 now and the soles have literally no wear and the leather looks just as good. Plus they're comfy as heck. You will not find a more comfortable shoe.

Neatsfoot oil is for saddles, harnesses, baseball gloves etc.. Not for cars or shoes.

16. froboy272

ahhh thank you. i had a feeling that the neatsfoot oil was no good for cars.

funny you said that b/c thats what i used to buy was the $100 Johnston and Murphys with the inside totaly padded. they were getting destroyed after a few months like you said but i figured thats what $100 dress shoes do. ill be looking into these Ecco's tomorrow. Thanks again.

17. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

No problem! Ecco's are the same $ range as the J&M but last MUCH MUCH longer. You will thank me later:)

18. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I guess its a good thing we now carry both great products :)