Leather cleaner/conditioner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by 05coupedriver, Nov 26, 2011.

1. 05coupedriver

05coupedriver Virgin Detailer

I am looking into two different one I am looking at the Zaino and the Lexol could you give me some info on them ? anything will be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

I use Lexols cleaner after I pre-treat the leather with a light application of Leatherique Rej. oil. I find that the Leatherique does the majority of the cleaning and the Lexol gets it even cleaner, also i pH balanced and I've never found it to be a problem with any leather. Haven't had much experience with the Zaino, I also have heard great things about Leather Master (Phil sells it!)
    Hope this helps

3. 05coupedriver

Yes thanks a lot that does help me out I seen the Lexol at the Auto Zone and I know that I have seen that brand somewhere else and juust wanted to see others expierence on the product I think I might try it out also would you know of anything that works good on the the black plastics and trims on the exterior of the car I got that back to black by mothers and it did not work as well as I thought it would work

4. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

Use a good brush with the Lexol and a lay down a good coating of hot water over the surface, I keep a bucket filled with hot water near me so that I can take a MF dampened with the steaming hot water and get the surface nice and soft before working in the Lexol.

For the trim- I use 303 to dress, if the plastic is extremely faded or dried out I will use Black Wow. I'm sure someone else will chime in with a recommendation for Adams super VRT or some other dressing.

5. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Heard good things about Sonax leather foam.

6. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Leatherique for leather seats and Ultima Tire and Trim Guard for your exterior plastic trim.

7. 05coupedriver

Faded really bad and I got back to black and it did nothing at all but the adams vrt sounds like a good idea to get the shine on it

8. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

For the Leather cleaner, my favorite is Duragloss Leather shampoo and Duragloss Leather Conditioner. I prefer it over the Lexol products and have never any Zaino products.