LC Blue Wash Sponge vs Pro Line GS

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Pats300zx, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Today I had a chance to try out the new LC Blue Wash sponge and compare it to the Euro Line GS. I must say that I am very disapponinted in the LC wash sponge. To start, the sponge just doesn't seem to fit in my hand properly even with the cutout on the sides. It is also very difficult to maneuver into very tight spaces.

Here some of my other observations:

1. The sponge does not hold near as much wash solution as the Pro Line GS. The Euro Line GS holds a ton of water and is very easy to squeeze and release the wash solution onto your finish.

2. The LC wash sponge was very hard to squeeze in and out of the water making it very difficult to flush with fresh water. The Pro Line is so much softer and easy to manipulate. With the LC sponge I found myself having to almost rinse it out with two hands.

3. I feel that the Pro Line GS is much softer as well.

Halfway through my detail I gave up and went back to my GS. I got 2 of the LC wash sponges at a very good price when they first came out so I guess I will find a use for them.

I seem to be bitten by the need for better wash media and find myself trying everything that comes out. Schmitt, LC Ulti Mitt, LC Wash sponge, etc. To this date, after trying all these I still find myself going back to sheepskin mitts or the Pro Line GS.

For the price at $1.97 the Pro Line GS can't be beat.

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the review Pat! Now I know not to even waste my money trying these, hehe.

3. GearShifter

GearShifter Virgin Detailer

I have not tried the other sponges mentioned, but I did purchase the blue LC sponge a few months ago. Upon opening the box, I was excited to see the nice vibrant colour and cross hatched slits that ran through the sponge. However, when it came time to use it I was disappointed when I discovered that it held very little suds. To make it worse, the sponge is very stiff and is hard to maneuver around tight areas. Overall, I was quite disappointed, and halfway through my wash I went back to my mitt.

Regardless of this, I have seen reviews where people have enjoyed their LC sponge.

Just my two cents!

GearShifter

4. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I have really gone the way of the Proline grout sponge..i wanted to try the LC sponge out for a while, but now i think i am more than content with my GS :) Thanks for saving me money!

5. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

You guys need to use the LC Grout sponge more than once...give it time to "break in". It'll soften up. I just used mine for an ONR wash and was happy to see some small leaf bits get moved into the grooved channels. I squeeze the sponge so that it opens the channels a bit wider.

That being said...Pat, I've been on the same mission as you. I'm gonna pick up some Proline GS's. I will say that the DFTowel Peerless sponge and Magic Cube are great for getting into small tight areas, but you absolutely HAVE to make sure they don't get caught on sharp points, etc. Too bad DFTowel.com has the absolute WORST customer service ever; I count myself lucky.

I'd love to try the new Gold Ulti-Mit. Even though I didn't think my red Ulti-Mit was the best since the backside foam held more wash solution than the front and didn't feel that soft, I think it was the best at not inducing marring.

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Thanks for the review Pats. It doesn't really surprise me and it sounds like it is not much different from the LC red mitt (which I hated).