Lava wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by chemgys99, Jan 27, 2012.

1. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

chemical guys decided to invent a AIO wax to apply after using their optical polishes and blacklight...so it seems.below is a video of the new wax. the guy applying the wax doesnt seem to know what he is doing but you will get the point.lol
    its suppose to retail around $70.

[video=youtube;mBflb0NS0-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBflb0NS0-0[/video]

2. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

He can keep the wax, I'll take the garage!

3. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

what the hell is an all-in-one wax?

I've heard of cleaner waxes... but if you are supposed to use polish to remove defects, why would you need the wax to do anything other than protect whats already been corrected?

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Clean video. I think the term AIO is incorrect here. This is simply a wax with f*ck load of fillers in it. Which is actually quite brilliant. I like it.

5. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

thats exactly what i was wondering.lol as you know cg like to just throw any words out there to sell a product..whatever it is it seems like a good wax.

6. Kaban

so does it glow in the dark?

7. Cooter

Cooter DB Forum Supporter

Imagine that. Its not on CG's website!!! What a shocker!!

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

...... his voice annoys the shit out of me and the waving of the arms wireds me out.

9. Cooter

Cooter DB Forum Supporter

do be do be do

10. Kilo6_one

Ssssstoppppp iiiit.............

11. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I think in this case AIO refers to containing a glaze, a sealant and a wax.

I'm going to buy it.

12. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

Chem guys is taking the shot gun effect and applying it to their products, send as many products as they can into the market with no focus or direction. I am aware that products change and that things improve, but come on every week they have a new product that is the best ever, and wait, their old products are the best ever as well. When you read their descriptions they all spout the same BS as the rest of the products from the same line. I have come to the conclusion that I already own enough CG stuff and wont be ordering again until I need towells.

13. Kaban

I have to agree that their website looks like it was designed and written by a jungle full of monkeys. It's down right awful.

14. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

It is amlost impossible to choose a product because they all say the same thing, smae quality, same duability, same, same, same...

15. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

yeah, you shouldn't have to use your browsers search function to find the links that you want on their home page.

I bought a glaze from them years ago and ended up ordering the wrong one because I didn't spend long enough looking at all the descriptions when I came back and ordered so I got the one that sounded almost like the one I had decided on. When I bought some soap from them awhile back I read and reread the descriptions to make sure I got the right one and then after I ordered I went back to check again. They are often just about the same words in the description, just rearranged a bit.
    I'd love a shot at redoing their site.

16. Kilo6_one

sounds like how our government is run...... LOL

You know, I like CG stuff, but sadly it cost me hundreds of dollars to figure out what was crap and what was not. I think its brilliant marketing, get 10,000 people to do the same thing, people are emotional about detailing products, its like $300.00 handbags for women. They want to try the latest products so they do, then realize it either works or doesn't

By then its too late because they 1) do not have a money back guarantee like Adams 2) ZERO product support 3) ZERO after the sale customer support....... so you are stuck with it, they already have your money and 50/50 you will keep buying from them. I got sucked in, and I am the same way...... I won't buy anything more from the until im out of what I have or need towels, but even then I have moved on to other towel vendors.

17. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

<3 Carl. This would be my signature everywhere. Period.

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I wouldn't mind trying this if only to have an opinion. I'm really interested in the durability. Thats pretty much the only thing that matters to me anymore as so many products are just garbage when it comes to that. When I'm charging someone a few hundred to protect their car, it had better last longer than 2-3 months.

19. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Some of their sealants are good, their paste waxes are excellent, but I agree, their website does need work.

I have a limited amount of CG's stuff, but what I do have works well.

20. Kilo6_one

I think they make some really good products........but many are duplicate as mentioned. Their car soap is very good, as is the pro detailer and V7.