Laundry detergent in trunk carpet

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by lgixxer, Jul 17, 2010.

1. lgixxer

lgixxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I am detailing a mini van that had some laudry liquid detergent spill on it. Needless to say I used 3 vacs and they all stop working because of the foam. Looking for suggestions on how to get the carpet clean again. All suggestions are welcome...:). I was hopping there would be some way to neutralize the foaming action.

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Maybe spray a defoamer on the stain?

3. richy

richy Guest

Vinegar reduces the foam in an extractor tank. Try putting some in a spray bottle and soak it pretty good and vacuum it up. That should work for ya.

4. You say it is the rear section :shead:

See if you can remove it and lay it on the concrete and scrub and rinse :doh:

5. patricia20

patricia20 Virgin Detailer

You have to do a lot of rinsing. Get a wet-dry vacuum with the detergent as possible, then pour on the water. Or just try to remove it and rinse it in the laundry.

6. rachelanne16

rachelanne16 Virgin Detailer

My brother who owns a car also have the same problem with you. He accidentally spilled a laundry detergent in his carpet and he don't know what to do to remove it. What he did is he went to a self service car wash.

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

ONR seems to defoam stuff. I tried using it mixed with soap in a cannon and it just destroyed the foam.