Latex paint spill on interior carpet

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by carguy461, Jun 19, 2009.

1. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

Hey guys customer called me and ask if I could do a full detail on her car with another she has, she said some latex paint spilled on her carpet in the rear area and asked if I could remove that for her. I never ran into that problem before, I told her I will check into it for her and get back when I find out more information. What can I use to clean it up? paint thinner, laquer thinner, need some information on this thanks guys...:applause2:

2. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Wow, I hate these type calls.

I Would try Laquer Thinner, let it Soak. It is gonna leave an Awfull smell, so leave the windows down.

You might want to try a Steamer if you have access

I would tell her up front that the Paint more then likely won't come out. But you will do what you can. These way Her Anticipations won't be disturbed if it doesn't come out, and if it does you will be a HERO

You might want to Sub out that part of the job to a Professional Carpet Cleaning Biz(but don't tell Her that)

Good Luck :chips:

3. carguy461

Thanks that helps, will let her know that and give that a try..no steamer..:applause2:

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Use hot water and liquid soap to remove water-soluble Latex Paint or use an ammonia solution; a tablespoon of clear household ammonia (3% solution) with 0.5 cup of distilled water.

5. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I used Goo Gone when I had a nickel sized spot of latex paint dry on my carpet.

6. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

Hot water chemical extractor - latex is pretty easy to deal with when it has pooled up or is in an isolated area. I always offer to do a "test spot" when I am doing any odd estimates that way you can be fair, honest, and accurate.

7. carguy461

Thanks guys I will do all the above as suggested, I have not hot water extractor though, let you'' ll know how it comes out, will do it on Monday.:applause2: