Latex paint dots on Mercedes paint

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by bigfoot, Aug 8, 2009.

1. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

I'm going to full detail a Mercedes on Monday and wanted some help on how to tackle the situation mentioned in the title. Let me show you a pic

[​IMG]

You can actually see the dots on the glass, and it repeats itself all over the car. I tried claying, but with no luck. I also hit it with M105 and it did removed some, but not all of them. Is there anything around that I can get to remove those paint dots?

Thanks

Joey

2. richy

richy Guest

3. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

3000 Grit Paper will make alot shorter work day for you. :chips:

As far as whats on the Glass.....:shead: Everyone should have a box of Razorblades, Northern Tool has them for about $5. :campfire:

Get a "Fresh" blade, spray window cleaner on infected area and scrape away.:cig:

When you are done, put razor back in its sleeve and dispose of properly.
    Never use the same blade twice, if just a lil nick gets in the blade it will schrach the crap out of your window :duh:

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Thanks guys! I will try the goof-of approach first, since it's the closest product available to me. If that doesn't work, i will try something else. But thank you all!

5. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

UPDATE:

Feck! Couldn't get goof-off anywhere around here, so I have to tell my customer that the dots have to remain for a little bit before I can be able to remove them all.

6. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Better safe then Sorry..........Tell them you have a product on order that you beleive will solve there problem :cig:

Tell them its on backorder :giggle:

As far as "Goof Off" goes................I not knocking anyone, but I have NEVER had any luck with that stuff :duh: