LanceM Review: Zymol Atlantique

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by LanceM, Jan 18, 2009.

1. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

The weather was nice today and warm enough to wash my s2000. My s2000 has been previously wearing Crystal Rock for a few months and still looked good. However, I wanted to try out my Atlantique that I purchased from a member on autopia a year or so ago.

Background
    [​IMG]

I have a small 4oz container of Atlantique that was apart of those 4oz trial pack from Zymol.

[​IMG]

The wax is similar to any high carnauba wax. Its not too tough though. It has a creme color and smells like cinnamon. Smells great.

[​IMG]

I washed the car as normal and used CG CWG, 2 bucket method, foam gun, DP suds and a sheepskin mitt.

After washing, I used a leaf blower to dry. I then used a CG applicator and put a thin coat on. A little really goes along way with this wax. It was VERY easy to apply and equally easy to remove. Much much easier than vintage. I let it sit and buffed off. I then gave it a quick spritz of field glaze and let it sit in the sun.

I did not use HD cleanse because, well I really didn't have a good experience with it.

I think the results were really good. Reminds me of vintage, it has a very clean look to it. The reflections and clarity are great and provides some great depth.

So far, only con about this wax other than that it is pretty expensive ($1358), is it seems like it is starting to collect some dust.

I usually put a coat of wax on every month or so, so I wont know about durability unless it is completely horrible.

Here are some pics, but they never do any justice (only a few, sun washed out most shots):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Car looks great. I could not even get water to come out of my hose today it was so cold up here.

3. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Nice! I thought I was the only one redoing the waxing each month :)

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

thanks fro the review. This is def one of my fav waxes. I looks great, has gopod durabilty and is eay yo work with. I was fortunte to get a sample off ebay for an extremly reduced price so I picked it up. boy am I ever glad i did. This wax is a fun one. Enjoy every last bit of it

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Vehicle looks good, I've only used this wax once, so long ago I can't remember the experience :shrug:

Perhaps it's time to use it again :thinking:

6. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Wow, you really like the high end waxes...thats awesome, the car looks great!

7. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i wish they had those sample pots once every 2 years or so.. it's been a long time since they were around!!

i was like is this an old post? i saw those pics before from almost the same angle when you had another thread like 4 months ago maybe longer.

either way car looks good!!!

8. LanceM

lol the car looks the same in the pics to me. But, usually people want pics anyway.

9. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Looks great! I want to get my hands on some Zymol myself. I was thinking about Destiny.. have any opinions on that wax? (Would be used on a black car as well.)

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

the car sure looks stunning, but for that price, I think I'd rather get Vintage... at least you will be getting lifetime free refills on it...

11. LanceM

I have it, but haven't used it yet.

12. LanceM

On another note, my coworker was driving to my car (carpool). As we pulled up, he said what happend to your car. I looked and it looked like the rear quarter panel, was dented. But when we pulled up it was just fine.

We were both were amazed that it was just all the reflections. Reflections look great! (Well, it scared me at first lol)

13. LanceM

agreed. The life time refills would be great.

14. Calgarydetail

its amazing what zymol can do. Its something you can never capture in a pic but the optical range and apperaence the waxes give are like nothing else.. then to top that each of there waxs is alittle diffrent. Makes for some fun experimenting :applause2:

15. atomicfan

atomicfan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Fully agree to Calgary

16. razr007

razr007 Banned

always love the zymol glow lol,,,

17. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree, there is something about Zymol that just keeps me coming back to it :woo:

18. razr007

razr007 Banned

i wonder if i do a layer of vintage and follow it with a layer of royale would that make it vintale:shead:

19. Calgarydetail

I have never done vintage/royal but i have done vintage/ concours. I found the concours muted the vintage. The optical ranges did not match and it really took away that zymol look I love so much.
    Its woth a try but my prediction is it will only harm the look not help it

20. razr007

razr007 Banned

well worth a shot an if it fails i can always blame it on nica:thumb: