Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 - Swissvaxed:-)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Brynjar, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Brynjar

Brynjar Birth of a Detailer

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4

[​IMG]

The Lamborghini LP 560-4 is not the average car when it comes to paint work. As many of you might know the Lambo is being produced in Italy in the city called Sant'Agata Bolognese. Here were the cars are made, but not where the paintings done.

All of their cars are transported about 22 miles north east to the village of Mirandola. Here the cars are prepared for a special 250 hour paint job:)
    The paint process is being carried out by two painters, where one does the inside of panels and the other the exterior. (The paint film is just as thick on the inside as outside). After painting the car a (up to) 50 hour polish session are carried out to avoid orange peeling and to get a perfect finish.

That was today’s history lesion. Now let's click on the movie below:)

Intro:
    YouTube - Lamborghini Intro1

The proud owner stopped by the weekend before to receive a little wash and to make the final arrangements prior to the detail:
    [​IMG]

Then the lambo was back again:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have to admit that I spent quite a while just looking at the car when I received it. The car is in daily use by the owner, which is very good in my opinion:
    [​IMG]

Some areas of the car have received a layer of clear film to avoid rock chips.. Here you see some rubber leftovers on the rear fender:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forgot to ask about the lap time???:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

P21S:
    [​IMG]

P21 was left on for about 10 minutes or so. This is the old and good version of P21 with an unmistakable smell to it:D:
    [​IMG]

CG Bug remover 1:1. Half of the hood and the entire front fender are covered with clear film. The bugs seem to love it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"In-action-shot":
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maxi Suds II:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should have had some clear film on this corner to:
    [​IMG]

SV Car bath:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

License plates sprayed down with CG Bug remover:
    [​IMG]

SV Yellow clay (clear film was not clayed):
    [​IMG]

Drying of:
    [​IMG]

Here you see our 321 stage washing program:
    YouTube - Lamborghini washing

Also received some visitors inspecting that everything was done by the book;-) Since large areas of the car already had clear film, we decided to put some on the rest of it :p :
    [​IMG]

Just have to find the heating gun:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or a scalpel:
    [​IMG]

This is a "fish hook" scalpel which is shaped to cut safely. Often used in body shops:
    [​IMG]

Masking up:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The convertible was soaked in water:
    [​IMG]

Some spots received some extra treatment with a mild mixture of CG green clean on a soft brush:
    [​IMG]

The water was then sucked up with the Foma combivac:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SV Lotus Neutralizer was carefully worked in the fabric:
    [​IMG]

Rinsing again with water, combivac, water and combivac again:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After an hour the convertible was completely dry and ready for the final treatment:
    [​IMG]

SV Lotus was pored over in to a mixing bottle and applied form a 25-30 cm distance until the entire convertible was covered:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That should work:
    [​IMG]

Wheels off. Not the normal log nuts but oversized torx actually:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

P21S again:
    [​IMG]

3M GPAC:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some spots received a couple of sprays with Mac 124 Prickbort:
    [​IMG]

The rims were all clean now but it felt very correct to give them a two stage machine polish at this stage:
    [​IMG]

SV Wheel cleaning kit used here.
    [​IMG]

3M Extra Fine with yellow 3M pad:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then one round with Cleaner Fluid Pro with the Porter Cable:
    [​IMG]

The arches needed some treatment to:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Degreasing, rinsing, brush, rinsing, drying and CG Bare Bones:
    [​IMG]

Calipers were treated with Cleaner fluid regular and.....:
    [​IMG]

Autobahn:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lug nuts also received the full SV treatment:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recommend you take a look at this little vid that sums up day one:
    YouTube - Lamborghini wheels and arches

Started out with 3M EF on a yellow pad to extract the pollution out of the clear film. The pad was changed regally as it got dirty from the contamination. Claying the film was not an option:
    [​IMG]

The Porter Cable was switched out with the stronger Flex with forced rotation:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After one round of Scholl S03Gold on orange pad, followed by 3M EF on yellow pad:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The carbon details as the engine cover was treated very carefully. Note the piece of tape on the side. Used to mark the areas where the first stage did not remove all of the defects (did these areas with rotary afterwards).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Relaxing and polishing at the same time:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This black solid paint was history softest paint ever. Microfiber micro swirled, and 3M EF created holo heaven.. Spent about half an hour on just this one to get it somewhat ok:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

LED light for inspection:
    [​IMG]

Back hurts now:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the paint got one round of Scholl S30 and CFP in the end.. Then this pot of SV found it's way to us:
    [​IMG]

Interior Carbon details received one layer of SV Crystal Rock:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little vid of the polishing:
    UK/US version:
    YouTube - Lamborghini Polishing

Same video for viewers from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Malaysia, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela with best regards from Sony Music
    YouTube - Lamborghini Polishing1

The interior was lovely with thick floor mats, carbon details, leather and alcantara:
    [​IMG]

Vacuumed and alcantara cleaned:
    [​IMG]

Leather milk:
    [​IMG]

Cleaner fluid:
    [​IMG]

Mats rinsed with CG Green clean and combivac:
    [​IMG]

Suggest that the owner by a new one of this for the next time.. A little bit off line here:
    [​IMG]

Way past midnight and time to get home for some sleep:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Delivery day and still a few details remaining before the car were ready. Door mats treated with Nanolotus:
    [​IMG]

Paint sprayed down with Quick finish and dried (to remove carnauba sweating):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SV Devine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhaust needed some to:
    [​IMG]

After a quick round it was good as new:
    [​IMG]

Engine and the surrounding areas were cleaned with Megs APC followed by Megs Ultimate compound by hand, cleaner fluid and Crystal Rock. Plastic trim treated with SV Protection Matt:
    [​IMG]

Some new washing gear for the owner:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was almost it. Just have to say thanks for watching and hope you enjoyed the detail:

YouTube - Lamborghini finishing details

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for watching!

2. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Bryanjar...WOW...what a detail and write up. :applause::applause::applause::applause:

The color on the car is amazing but you seemed to take it to a whole new level...The videos were awesome as well...:worship2::worship2:

3. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

That......is an amazing detail.

Spectacular job. Love that color.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Unreal. You boys set and raised the bar as usual. Clean write up, great pics, and perfect videos. For everyone thinking of making a video, this is how it's done. A few pictures scrolling back and forth to music is a waste of everyone's time. With Brynjar's video's, you can learn something. Top work and thanks for putting in the effort.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

By the way, Swedish plates on the Lamborghini? How far did he drive to get back home?

6. Brynjar

Thank you the nice comments:) Nice to hear that you liked the movie clips.. After the comments I got from the teaser I was afraid it would be slaughtered:)

P1et: The owner is Norwegian but lives right by the boarder in Sweden.. Around 120 miles away from the detailing garage, or one hour of driving and you don't mind if you have this kind a car I guess.
    The price for Lamborghini gallardo here in Norway is around $650k, while in Sweden you'll get for around $320k... The nice part about this car is that the owner are really using it. He bought it for around 4 months ago and have already clocked over 24' miles on it (and one set of tires).

7. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

your write-ups are the best I ever seen, Thanks for sharing!!

8. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

Stunning in every way possible. Thank you for sharing such work - the exact type of detailing experience I think high end clients look for.

9. Brynjar

Thanks:) I always try to improve in my details, and I believe that is what DETAILING is all about:) Little bit annoying that the SW on this site center the videos in the thread and the same for the aspect ratio being auto scaled to "Four-by-three," and not widescreen as it should be...

Thank you very much:) Don't mind a UAE trip for some super cars:) The problem is to get time for all of the requests, since this is not what I do for a living..

10. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I agree with P1et 100%. I picked up a bunch of tips just watching his vids...

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Dude, your work is getting better and better...You are the best detailer in Norway, and one of the very best in the work. You really create art in detailing...You know how to capture a video and amazing pictures! Brynjar Da Vinci!
    BTW, what are you using to take amazing videos?

12. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Nice work as always. Enjoy the write-ups.

No jokes/humor in this one, huh?

13. Barry Theal

Barry Theal Virgin Detailer

Very nicely done!

14. cnut

cnut Guest

Great work and writeup! I really like the vids as I find them helpful and informative. That color really was brought to life and looks absolutely stunning. The detail of the videos was pretty good and look great.

15. Brynjar

Thanks for that very nice comments:) Try to do my best every time.. I use my Canon XH A1 for the vids:)

No, sorry not in the UK/US version.. or, the 321 washing stage process was just made up:)

You should have seen the car live then.. Was one of the most beatiful cars I've ever seen

16. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

awesome!:thumb:

17. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

awesome stuff, love the Robert Miles, haven't heard that in a while, make me want to crack out some of my old stuff. Great job on the car

18. Roy

Roy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Just great, inspirational :cool:

I’ve been using Swissvax for 7ish years now (used to be one of their detailers until last year) but recently in the last six months I have started using Scholl Concepts which I love, probably thanks to your write ups :thumb:

The Swissvax bucket is cool, something you’ve made up yourselves?

19. Brynjar

Yes, Robert Miles is great background music.. Just a shame I'm running out of songs now.

Sorry about the scholl part then Roy, but it's great stuff so guess you don't mind:)
    Are you saying that you're not a SV detailer anymore then?
    The SV bucket is bought from SV Norway:)

20. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

stunning detail, awesome video and write up..couldn't ask more :)