Kwazar Mercury+ Pro not spraying after top popped off

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Danny, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Well I filled it up with Prima Slick to the 500ml line and I started using it and after a few sprays the spray head detached from the screw on cap it popped off. I then popped it right back on. Nothing broke but now it wont pressurize or spray any product at all. I put the Prima Slick back in the gallon and have water in it right now but it wont spray anything at all. Does anyone have an idea what happened. I have only filled it twice with Prima Slick I was going on my third re-fill then this happened. And I barley purchased the bottle not too long ago, so I am sort displeased this happened.:shakehead:

[​IMG]

2. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Looks like no pressure is building up.
    Probably a leak in the head.

Maybe try dunking the head in water with the hose out in the air and see where the leak is (where bubbles come out).

3. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

Did you pop the front cap back on or screw it on? Try screwing it on tight, then back it off?

HTH

4. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

had this happen on two of mine. Stupid mistake on my part b/c i dropped it but now they only do like 1/4 sprays at best.. havent been able to fix em

5. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I had one fail on me too, but it was the orange ones I got else where for 1/2 the price. but after that I tape up all of my double action bottles. haven't fail since then...

[​IMG]

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

if you would like please email me.

7. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Should have done that maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Sent you an email Phil.

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Phil will be able to help you out. So far these are THE BEST bottles money can buy (IMO)...

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks Sergei, I guess the one I have was defective.

10. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

i had the same thing happen to me. emailed phil about it and after sending him a few pics tthey gladly fixed the issue for me

The Driver likes this.
  11. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

I bought the 3 pack from Phil a while ago. I've only been using one of them for wheel cleaner (P21S and recently changed to Autoglym). Went to wash my car the other day and the thing wouldn't pressurize. Tried cleaning out the nozzle with warm water and then soaked the whole thing overnight in case there was some gooped up cleaner somewhere causing a blockage. Still nothing. None too happy with this seeing as these bottle are NOT inexpensive. Is there a fix for this or is it a lost cause?

12. detailersdomain

there is acid in the autoglym from what I understand its not compatible.

13. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

There is no acid in autoglym.....

14. detailersdomain

got it, going to send the pdf to kwazar, however looking at the description I'm going to say its the solvents in it. we have had meg's body solvent in these bottles and they go bad after a few uses.

15. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

I was gonna say, if AG had acid in it, I never would have purchased it.

Well, this is kinda crappy, isn't Phil? Solvents? These are products to detail cars. I would venture to guess most of the cleaning products used have some type of solvent properties. What are the good for then? Water? If these bottles are not up to the task of holding some mild chemicals for a few months, then #1) I'm pissed off I spent that much money on these things, #2) you're doing a disservice to the community by selling this product.

Just rushed out into the garage and poured out the AG from the second Kwazar bottle I used after the 1st one failed. Flushed it with a ton of water. Not even sure what the hell I can use it for now.:mad:

16. Frankastic

you do get double spray action for double price of a regular sprayer bottle. :shrug: so I guess it's fair priced IMO, but I never used mine with wheel cleaners, and if I do.... It won't be sitting for months like my spray-wax ( lol ) because I find myself using APC and wheel cleaners more than anything else in my arsenal. Hope Kwazer fixes this problem.

17. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

The trade containers of this wheel cleaner DD was trying to sell back when have the words "Acid Free" on them.. I am curious to the actual "solvents" in them as well. AG Acid Free is an alkaline cleaner. I know people are using degreaser and tons of APC in these..degreasers are alkaline and no other reported problems in it. As for blanket statements I cannot comment.

18. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

As do I. Frankly, I don't use any product as much, volume-wise per wash, as wheel cleaners. Which is exactly why I use the Kwazar bottles for this purpose. Less hand fatigue, more product distributed in less time. I thought that's what it was designed for???
    As for using it with wax, I thought about it, but regular single-action spray bottles already distribute too much product per pump as it is. Last thing I need is to double that amount......Still pissed........

19. Frankastic

I feel you... right now I use mine for clay lube only... I'm scared to use anything else with it :( just like an awesome new car ( works great when it works ) so I hope Kwazer will fix this issue.

20. bjungx007

bjungx007 Birth of a Detailer

Bump on this thread, i just noticed mine was spraying one time and not twice like its supposed to. :(