Klutch Polisher

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by piginapoke, Jan 6, 2012.

1. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

2. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Try it out and let us know. Since you don't need free shipping ask for a discount. When you say Northern tool, do you mean it's made in the USA or just assembled here?

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

It looks like a nice design; does it come with any other accessories like the stirrup handle and a side handle?
    For the price, it might be a great Rotary to use.
    Great find! Thanks for sharing !!!
    Dan F

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

If you end up not buying it i have my makita for sale.

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

What did you get, a Flex?

6. slanguage

Yep. A flex rotary. Plan on buying a second DA (technically it would be a third one)

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

The Flex PE is a nice machine, congrats.

8. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I'll be honest... it looks cheap. Kinda like this one:
    Simoniz 7-in. Sander & Waxer | Canadian Tire

Phil P.on here has tried it (the one I linked) and it died out after doing 1.5 cars. Honestly, for the price, you'd be better off buying a used quality one like a Flex or Makita.

9. piginapoke

I will buy the first working flex I find for $60, I have been patiently waiting for a year now, one of you guys needs to help a brother out. lol

10. piginapoke

Northern Tool is the company selling this tool.

11. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Well, you might not get it for $60, but I'm sure $100 is findable. Too bad I just got mine :p However if you're interested, I have my old polisher which is a Makita replica that might interest you. PM for details if you are.

12. slanguage

:whistle:

I highly doubt someone on here is going to sell a flex rotary for $60.

13. piginapoke

That sounds like Dixie your whistleing there. lol

14. piginapoke

15. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Did you end up buying the Klutch rotary? How is it?

16. Kaban

17. IID

IID DB Forum Supporter

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You should be able to find a used Makita for around $100 I would think. Finding a used Flex for $60 is not gonna happen.

19. Kaban

I don't know if I can post this here, BUT, ebay is a good place to find used Makitas or PC7424. I see them there all the time.

20. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

FWIW, anyone looking for a budget rotary ought to take a look at an ATD. I had a buffer go bellyup in the middle of a job years ago and ran down to NAPA to see what they had. Came home with the ATD for about 75 bucks and it was a workhorse for years. I moved to a PE-14 for lighter weight because the ATD was killing me on vertical panels.

The first time I used a friends Makita I was struck by the similarity with the ATD. Actually, just a different color and finish on the metal head, other than that they're almost identical. Sniff around on the ATD Web site and you'll see Makita is one of ATD's manufacturers. I'm of the belief it's just a rebranded Makita. I've seen 'em on Amazon in kits with bag and various pads and accessories for around 80 bucks.

TL