king ranch leather seat question.

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by stottie, Jun 23, 2011.

1. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

hey guys got a question here for a upcoming detail i have next week concering a ford king ranch with the speical leather. what are you guys using to clean and condition this kind of leather? also what kind of steps are you doing. i know from experiance with this kind of leather that you cant really scrub it or it will mar up.
    i just orderd the leatherique line of products thinking that since you cant scrub this leather that this might be the way to go. thanks again guys.

2. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Leatherique, will work fine, I use it all the time. I have used swisswax leather brush without any marring. Let the product sit as long as you can in the sun, then clean up with a moist towel.

3. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

will it work for coated leather too??

4. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Leatherique? Yes it does work on coated seats to.

5. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Milano, Silk Nappa, Valcona (Audi) Boston, Baseball, Montana, (BMW) Chaparral, King Ranch (Ford F-Series) despite their different names they are all generally aniline dyed leathers

Generally speaking aniline style leathers come in very earthy natural colours, which has been aniline dyed or stained, which may incorporate a small quantity of pigment (a thin clear sealant that provides a uniform colour and affords some protection) but not so much as to conceal the natural characteristics or feel of the hide. Other colours (i.e. gray, black, etc) have a pigmentation coating added.

Aniline leather is absorbent, which means that any spills, body oils etc will soak into the leather hide. It should be routinely cleaned to remove light dirt and dust by using a specific aniline leather cleaner that that will clean the surface of the leather, without being absorbed, or force the soil into the leather. A foam type cleaner (Leather Master™ Foam Cleaner) is ideal for this type of leather along with. Leather Master™ Soft Touch (ex Vital) and allow to dry for approx 20 minutes, finally using a clean dry micro fibre towel buff to a matte sheen.

In addition to regular cleaning to remove abrasive debris and oils, leather requires regular replacement of its moisture (re-hydration) by regular use of a damp 100% cotton micro fibre towel

Aniline leather is moisture sensitive, so avoid the use of liquid, oil-based or wax-based products as they may negatively affect the evaporation and hydration moisture balance. Aqueous (water- based) products will help to hydrate the leather and maintain necessary moisture (Leather Master™ Soft Touch (ex Vital). The oils secreted from your skin are slightly acidic and may cause the Aniline leathers pigmentation to lose its colour prematurely, taking away the effect of a premium leather interior. Removing these oils is paramount to leather care, but limiting the amount of bare skin you expose to your seats and interior is a great way to prevent discoloration.

Aniline leather is absorbent, which means that any spills, body oils etc will soak into the leather hide. Use specific aniline leather cleaner that that will clean the surface of the leather, without being absorbed, or force the soil into the leather. A foam type cleaner is ideal for this type of leather.

The oils secreted from your skin are slightly acidic and may cause the leathers pigmentation to lose its colour prematurely, taking away the effect of a premium leather interior. Removing these oils is paramount to leather care, but limiting the amount of bare skin you expose to your seats and interior is a great way to prevent discoloration.

6. roger koh

roger koh Virgin Detailer

Do you have pictures?

7. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

no i dont have any photos i have not seen the truck yet, but i have seen this type of leather just never had to clean it before. you can see photos on google of what the leather looks like.

8. roger koh

roger koh Virgin Detailer

See my reply from the other forum...

9. StuLax18

StuLax18 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm going to be doing a King ranch soon also, so I assume it has this leather. Just wondering if I should pick up some Leatherique pristine clean? It's on sale for $15 for the small bottle so I'd thought I'd throw it in with my order. I currently use ONR that I mixed up as a QD in a spray bottle with a microfiber sponge that has worked well, then I follow up with Lexol conditioner.

What mixture of these products would you guys recommend? The detail won't be for awhile, but there's a shipping offer today so I want to get my order in. Thanks!

10. brandon defeo

brandon defeo DB Forum Supporter

i havent touched a king ranch in prodably 5 years but when i conditioned them, Adam's Leather Conditioner 2x's and it brought them to their origional color and they stayed like that for a long long time!