kind of disappointed

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by bimmer nation, Dec 30, 2009.

1. bimmer nation

bimmer nation Birth of a Detailer

so for christmas i got a few gift certificates to detailers domain. i have only bought one thing from there about a year ago but love the product lines so i decided thats where i wanted some money to. Well i was trying to order for the past week and it will only allow me to use on gift certificate at a time which doesnt fly with me. Then i try calling at least 3 days now and still noone ever answers. i leave messages and no one calls back and i am trying to get my order asap and it is pissing me off. The other thing is the shipping rates are really funky to me. I calculated my initial order and shipping came out to $26. kind of expensive but oh well i then added 5 more wax applicaters which cant weigh more than an oz and shipping jumped to $37. Is the shipping rigged on how many items cause that is bulls@$! if it is. sorry i am almost to the point that i am just going to sell the gift certificates get my money and go somewhere else . Sorry to seem like a dick guys but i am so disappointed because all i have heard is good things and everything has be horrible

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Have you left a message? Or sent an email? Phil is very accomodating, and every email I've sent to him has been answered in under 24 hours.

3. bimmer nation

i have left messages but have not sent an email yet i should probably do that as well

4. THE ONE

THE ONE Birth of a Detailer

Email is best. he is very busy

5. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

If you end up selling them.... I have first dibbs!! :D

In all seriousness, that is VERY strange to hear. Phil is known to have some of the best CS out there. I am sure as soon as he realizes there is a problem, he will handle it expeditiously.

6. Strokin04

Strokin04 Birth of a Detailer

I will take whatever acc1079 doesn't buy from you. Keep in mind that it is the holiday season and people do travel. I am sure Phil has a good reason for not being readily available.

7. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Phil's customer service is second to none. I've never had any issues.

8. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

+1 Phil is awsome. So there must be something going on. Just hold on and he will get back to you.

9. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

+1 Phil is the best. He will let you use both your certs and he typically offers free shipping for larger orders (amount varies over time).

10. eShine

eShine Guest

Most websites including ours will only accept one coupon code or certificate use at a time. I am sure Phil's site is doing the same. He can likely combine them all and issue a new certificate. From Christmas to New Years is the hardest time to get a hold of companies. Some even cose for the whole period. Try email, he may be just catching up from the X-mas rush like we are.

11. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

Phil might be good but first rule in business is to always answer your phone. 3 days and no answer? I would be pissed too and so would anybody else.

12. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I am a retailer in the cabinet industry, and am part of a local business networking group. Even though our doors are open right now, guess what happens when we try to call probably 30% of our manufacturers between Christmas and New Year's? Closed down. For inventory or what have you. I just made a call today to one of my cabinet manufacturers. Customer Service was there, but the rest of the plant was closed, so they weren't able to help me with anything until monday. Just the way it is. Seems to be the same with other businesses around here too.

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

Like everyone has said, Phil is a stand up guy!
    I have emailed him and within an hour I heard back and he has answered my questions via the phone.
    Maybe he's away for the Holidays?

As far as shipping goes, not just Phil's, but all the companies put labor and shipping material in that price too.
    Hope that helps. Bob

14. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

hmmm this is a surprise to me, I haven't gotten any messages or any calls or pm's or even emails.

we have been pretty busy....

I do call immediately and we don't dodge phone calls... so I'm not sure what happened.

email - phil@detailersdomain.com

phone number - 201-233-0003

I have answered all my calls to this number for the last 3 days, even if you don't leave a message I dial back missed calls.....

If I haven't gotten back to you please drop me a call.

15. bimmer nation

thanx guys i will email you phil and i know its busy i was just getting irritated hope this all works out i know it will thanks again and hopefully i can get that order in soon

16. detailersdomain

troy, pmed, emailed, and have left you a message.

looking forward to speaking to you shortly.

17. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

X2. i called phil one time and got no answer but didnt leave a message. he dialed back my number less than five minutes later. i was impressed. he's always great with PM'ing, calling, and emailing back. sometimes i've gotten email responses less than a MINUTE after sending them.

18. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

+1 excellent service and speedy responsed even I have never ever purchase from Phil due to international shipping cost, I PM him mostly, You will get reply from him as long as he log in to DB ... I always wish to get something from him, unfortunately Im so far away and shipping cost really kill me off ...

19. detailersdomain

ahwil, yup I understand maybe you should get a ton of guys to come on db and do a group buy over there :)

20. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I would like to add that I sent an email to Phil at 6:15pm last night regarding this thread and he responded at 7:29pm. :thumb: