Karcher X-series

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by JoeyV, Apr 14, 2012.

1. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I'm sorry for making another pressure washer thread, but this one is a little more specific.

There is currently a sale at Canadian Tire (Canadian Pep boys you could say) on an X-series Karcher.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...00+PSI+Electric+Pressure+Washer.jsp?locale=en

However, I've looked it up and got very mixed reviews on it. Normally I would see 80-20 in favor of the product, but this one is more along the lines of 50-50 which worries me.

Now, the information and specs make this a very interesting item, but I want to know how this fares for what we do with our work. Detailing and washing vehicles. If you have any videos of it in action, it could help. also, if someone can confirm that this uses the same wand connection as the Karcher K-series. The middle one:

[​IMG]

I'm worried because I am currently using a Power Washer brand pressure washer and it has been doing relatively well for the last 2 years, but it only cost me $75. I don't want to go out and spend $250 + taxes on something that is seeming iffy for the moment. So, if anyone could help me clear this up, I would appreciate it.

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Well I've had the same model as you for a little over 9 months now. It's seen about 20-25 hours of use. I am currently using the Riccardo foam cannon with the K series attachment so it is indeed the same. Warranty with Canadian Tire is 1 year so you'll have no troubles returning it there. I had heard of some bad reviews, but since I work their I haven't seen any come back because of them failing. Mostly it's Simonize and Coleman units that don't preform. This really the best OTC PW your going to get for the price range in our market Joey.

Some things that really bother me are,

hose is not long enough

hose gets tangled after a the first couple of uses

power cord is messy to wrap up

unit does fall over(top heavy) so be careful when you run out of hose and decide to yank at the hose

3. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

Check out Homedepot.ca, they have a pressure washer for 80.

my Karcher broke after 1 year of use with the Ricaardo foam cannon.

4. JoeyV

That's what I currently have.It's the PowerWasher H90.

If anyone could take a video of the X-series(Hamza? :p) It would be nice to see it in action

5. 604_Snooze

how is the foam cannon that came with your PowerWasher from HomeDepot?

6. JoeyV

Absolute trash. lol I threw it out after the first try. I have the AG foam cannon which works loads better. The one I got needs the Bosch attachment to fit BTW. If I end up getting the Karcher (which I'm still debating on, depending what some members can provide as info) I'm simply going to order the proper attachment from Chris @ eShine...as well as some other things. :p

7. 604_Snooze

8. JoeyV

Yes, that's right.

Turns out the guys who was supposed to come by yesterday and pretty much be the funding for the new pressure washer (I was supposed to detail his car) didn't show up. So it's a no-go for now. Besides, I've been informed that it goes on sale even lower than the $250 it's currently at and I'm still too iffy on it because of certain things I've read in reviews; mainly that it's a special warranty item and CT will not take it back, I would have to pay for shipping to send it back to Karcher and it could take up to 8 weeks before I get a new one.

I may simply go and check out the one from home depot...

9. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

^+1. I have been using the same PW for about a year now and it performs like a charm. Got it on sale for $249.99. The only disadvantages are the ones listed above by Hamza7.