Karcher Pump Guard?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by supercharged, Apr 21, 2009.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

As many of you know, I like being cost efficient, therefore wanna maximize the life of my pressure washer. I was at my local Walmart and saw this - Sam's Club - Kärcher Pump Guard - 16 oz.
    Karcher pump guard. How many of you guys are using it? I wanna make sure my pressure washer lasts me for a while, if it break, wife won't be very happy about it. How you do guys use this stuff anyway???

[​IMG]

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I was never aware of this stuff. Plus I purchased my unit from Costco so I think I'm covered as long as I have my Costco membership.

3. supercharged

so did I. But I think they only cover it for 90 days...1 warranty is through Karcher...but that's it...Usually it doesn't break during the warranty period.

4. supercharged

5. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

There is a similar product that Sears carries for their power washers... It helps prevent the internals from corroding and the seals lubricated. Also when sprayed into the inlet of the pump it spits out any remaining water that is sitting inside the pump.

I guess if you had an air compressor you could blow out any remaining water.

6. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Hmmm... I should probably be looking into this. Great find!

7. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Anyone know where this type of product can be purchased in bulk or larger quantities?

8. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

I noticed the stuff when I bought my gas PW direct from Karcher, didn't buy it at the time. When I was getting ready to put it away for the winter I saw it again when I was browsing for accessories... ended up ordering 3 bottles. After priming the pump it appears 3 bottles is gonna last me 9 or 10 years!

Cheap insurance to keep the pump and seals lubricated when the unti isn't being used, IMO.

TL

9. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

10. scot_w

scot_w Birth of a Detailer

I use a little anti-freeze in my gas PW and have not had a problem in six years.

11. supercharged

that's what I want - cheap insurance to keep everything lubed and running smoothly...