Just thinking out loud about Leather Masters

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Feb 10, 2009.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I know there have been a lot of buzz about the product I myself I have been using it long before I started selling it.

Most of the top guys are using it now....well how about we do a special intro to LM...

Maybe I can build a few kits at very nice prices to get you all going for the spring....

LMK what you all think...

2. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I'm down.

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

IMO Leather Master's is hands down the best range of Leather Care products available ...

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

How does this compare to Leatherique?

5. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

^^^^^ ditto

6. Anthony

Anthony Birth of a Detailer

As far back as 2004 I was using Leather Master...I believe I may of been one of the first to speak about it on the forums and it is fantastic stuff!

I highly recommend it BUT if you're using it DON'T GIVE IT AWAY as you include it in your details because the stuff is not cheap.

Try offering it as an upsell to your clients....ya know kinda like "Well we can wash it and use a quick spray wax on your paint or we can give it a 3 step polish and wax with greater results"....kinda upsell.

Anthony

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Phil, I need this with more urgency than the 3403 kit. The current three 250mL bottle kit would be good for how many cars? I need to recondition a 535i and an older QX4 (I'm getting a migraine just thinking about this one).

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Leatherique
    [ Leatherique arose from a need to find a product that would restore the leather in his 1939 Bentley. Nothing he tried was adequate for this special car, so he approached Peck about creating something new. After a lot of work, they produced Leatherique”]

Quote – [Leatherique Prestine Clean is part of a two-step leather maintenance system. (1) Step one - Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil is a protein collagen complex that is absorbed into the hide to nourish it, and while it will expel dirt to the surface, it does not harm the dye in any way. This oil nourishes the leather and forces contaminants out of the pores. (2) Step two - Prestine Clean then removes these contaminants from the surface of the leather and leaves it with a clean, matte sheen. This is the only leather care system that calls for the conditioner to be used first, and it makes perfect sense! The leather absorbs as much of the oil as it can and expels the rest to the surface, along with all the contamination.]

Comment
    According to Leatherique you apply the (conditioning) oil first and then the cleaner, so it must first dissolve its own oils, limiting its capacity to dissolve dirt and oils in the leather. They state that their cleaner will only remove dirt (oils) not the Leatherequi oils. I would question how does the cleaner distinguish between oils (i.e. the most common dirt in leather are body oils followed by suntan oils and then oily residue brought in via the a/c) that should be removed and Leatherequi's conditioning oils? (See also oils)

In my opinion you should avoid using these types of conditioners for coated leathers. If you use an oil-based product the problem will be exasperated as the oil will attract dirt/grime to the surface. This product also contains lanolin, waxy cream and white spirit that can react with the coating used on today’s leather. It's a great product for the renovation or restoration of old English leather hides or other uncoated natural leather.

9. Cyclo

Cyclo Birth of a Detailer

I 'think' the problem here is where you say it must dissolve it's own oils WHAT??? that's like saying a motor oil can not work because it must overcome it's own oil first before it starts to do it's job.

Now it's great to write and give opinions, but have you used this? I have, I've used 3 types.. Lexoil and also Leather Masters and I could Not get what appeared to be a stain out with Lexoil, but it did work with Leatherique. This is just my opinion also, your milage can vary.

10. detailersdomain

Guys what would you like to see

Leather Master Trio on sale the whole line etc?

LMK.

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I need to get rid of my Lexol so I can try this stuff out!!!

12. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I'd be down for a sale on the trio.

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Leather master rocks!!

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

what does the trio consist of? never used leather masters before.

i am thinking I would need a cleaner and conditioner.

15. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

So whats the deal phil???

16. detailersdomain

the trio is on the site

its consists of leather master

strong cleaner
    Vital
    Protection Cream

SSTG, I have to figure out what I can do first and what makes sense.

Did you guys want ink remover, strong cleaner or just all of them....

LMK what your thoughts are...

17. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

All for me.:thumb:

18. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

i just ordered the trio, and rapid S. cant wait to try it out!

my order

Leather Master Foam Cleaner (for Suede and Alcantara)

(Qty: 1 x $21.95)

Leather Master Ink Away (8ml)

(Qty: 1 x $7.99)

Leather Master Rapid S Cleaner (200ml/ 1 liter refill)
    200 ml

(Qty: 1 x $19.95)

Leather Master Kit with Strong Cleaner, Protection, and Vital (250ml)

(Qty: 1 x $43.97)

Uber Blue Pad 5.5 inch (final polish)

(Qty: 2 x $7.99)

Discounted Item. You Paid: $7.75

World's Greatest Boar's Hair Wheel Brush

(Qty: 1 x $24.95)

Menzerna PO203S (1 Quart) Power Finish

(Qty: 1 x $39.95)

19. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

In the fifty years I've been detailing I've never recommended / written about a tool / care care product that I have not owned or personally tested by using, all of which have proven them to work effectively, providing consistent show-winning results.

As a long-term regular contributor to the online detailing community I openly recommend products that I use (I test many products and only endorse those that work) and try my best not to use ‘hype’ terms. It's only my recommendation no matter what products you use the methodology will apply.

20. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

hey phil, it looks like these products will get to me in time for a detail job i have this weekend on a 09 F430 Scuderia :)