Just tested Meg's 105....

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Al-53, May 1, 2008.

1. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Its been cool here the last few days...but i had to try something ..I had a sample that Shadybreal sent me of Meg's 105 polish....I wiped my hood down on one half of it....now my hood had some nice ice marring from winter...ice sliding off....

I first used a White CCS pad on the Flex DA....I spread it speed 3 and then hit it at speed 5 to see how it reacted....I Polished for about 30-50 secs and stopped and did a wipe down....Wow...99% of all the marring was gone..just a few semi deep scratches were left...I then hit it again with Menz PO85RD to finish it..and WOW again....it was the best my paint looked...now if it was a bit warmer out I would do the whole truck like this...but I do not think I have enough M105 so i just ordered a quart from ADS ..

.Funny I have the new megs cross cut solo pads..and i forgot I had them ..I would have used them ..I have so much stuff i forget what I have...lol...

now I have a sample of the System 1 X3 I got from Motorcity..Thanks Justin...I will try it on the other half to compare....

now do I think the M105 is a must have...Oh ya..it is...or I would have not ordered it...it really did a great job in such a short time...

AL

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I have a quart of 105 as well and im glad to hear you had great luck with the flex DA because that is what i ahve...im thinking of mixing it with some Optimum Compound per Scottwax on Autopia because it will lengthen the work time...did you notice it gumming up? im really surprised you were able to work it that long honestly...i am very excited now!!!

3. Al-53

No...I had no gumming at all...the temp outside is 50 tops ....and windy...so a chill factor also...but it flowed very nice...I could have went longer ..but I just wanted to check out the progress and my finding was it was done...removed all that I wanted it to remove...

plus the air is dry ..that helps alot with any polish I used...Menz especially...

It worked great with the Flex so your good to go....I was going to try some wool at first ...but the foams were in by bag with the flex...

also If I was going to cut it I would try Megs #83 since it may contain the same type lube...also Scott is in a much hotter temp and humidity than I am right now..so my temps must be a factor now

AL

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Al, glad you liked the M105. It will make quick work of minor scratches and all you have to do is go to your finishing polish. It will diffently will save time on details.

5. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Thats great that you could work it that long Al. When I used it with a rotary it would gum up on me after about 30 seconds...

6. Dandrop

Dandrop Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Same gumming issue with my rotary. I still have to get the proper amount/ work time combo. I haven't tried megs105 with my flex, but i will on my next detail.

Al, let us know how the system one works out for you. Thanks!

7. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Im not near as humid as Scott, but i am in southern NM so temp is definitely on the higher side...thanks for sharing your experiences Al and glad you had such good luck...now i just gotta get to a car!!!!

8. Al-53

Ok...I took the dog out and it was a bit warmer out...wind died down..so I played a bit more...now I did get it to dust on me this time..paint was warmer also...but no gumming yet...it was a little harder getting it all off this time..so I used prep sol as my wipe down and it came right off...

with the wind stopped it was 59 degrees..so it did warm up some....and the black flies were out also and I got all bit up...lol....something about detailing products insects like...you can be out all day and not bothered...start using products and they swarm towards it....

I am going to wait till a warm day now and try some more ...with wool and Megs solo pads...

AL

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Al, a wool pad and M105 is a helluva combo.

10. Al-53

yes...I figured it would be..but I wanted to try the flex with it just to see what the Flex had and what 105 did with the Flex...I have some Purple LC foamed wool I plan on using with the rotary next...

I am charging the camera now to get a pic of what the Flex did....

Al

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Cool, I also went M105, sip, then final polish. I used sip just for the little extra it would provide for the finish. If you just want to do a quick clean up, M105 and UF is a great 1-2 combo.

12. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

How will you say it compare to Menz powergloss?

13. Al-53

Ok...here arte some pics of just polished...M105 and Menz Po85RD..

here is the first one..then the battery went dead..

[​IMG]

here are a few after it charged...and the sun went in...lol.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the sun went in so I could not show the paint close up...but you get the idea how it worked for me....

Al

14. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Pirex, there is alot less dusting and to me it cuts a little better.

15. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Al those pics look great...i do have a question for you

Because of its lack of diminishing abrasives, how did you tell when you were done? I heard it was hard as hell to get off the paint and since it never breaks down, is this going to be a constant battle??? And next, where can i pick up some prep sol locally you think so i can try it out wit 105 maybe this weekend?

16. Al-53

I really did not know when it was done...i was going by times others posted and I used them and stopped and wiped....it was not real hard to get off...just did not feel like rubbing to much just after polishing...since the abrasives do not break down...

no it should not be a battle once you get to know the product and how it works..its a learning experience for me now..I have to get a system going and I should be set after that...

you can prep sol at car quest...Napa...ans also Wal mart has it....it goes under a few names ..but its all the same..I have the Hi temp brand...

also any body shop supply will have it.....

I really did not see a problem with the 105 YET..lol..it did dust the second time..but not to bad...I think I used a little to much the second time also...

AL

17. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I dont even touch PG anymore now that I have M105... anyone wants to buy my PG?

18. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

:yikes:

19. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Yes it is.

20. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

I thought it was me but they love the stuff especially QD type products. Maybe the scent??