Just ordered a Vapor Clean TR-5

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by jshillin, Jan 19, 2008.

1. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I was gonna get an even smaller one, but read a lot of good reviews on the TR-5. I don't know how much use I'll get out of it on my vehicles, but I know I'll use it a lot to clean the grout in my shower and my parakeet cage.
    What all are you guys using vapor steamers for??
    Anyone have any opinions on this model??
    On the autos, I'm thinking engine bay, wheels, door jambs and interior...

Steam cleaner, steam cleaners, steam cleaning, steam vapor cleaners

2. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Congrats on the purchase Jason. I've heard good stuff about the TR5.

I use my steam cleaner for everything. I mainly use it on interiors....vents,consoles,carpet, upholstery,etc. This saves me a lot of time. I also like using it in engine bays and door jambs.

Most of the time the steam will clean really good on its own. For areas the are really grimey I like to spray an APC and let it dwell before I steam.

For carpets or seats that have minor stains I like to use the brush attachment with a microfiber over it, then I don't have to drag the carpet extractor out.

I think you are really going to love your purchase. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions, I've used mine a ton over the past year.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Congrats on the purchase, I've been looking at some steamers my self but haven't decided just yet....I'd love to hear some more feed back on the steamer.

Heck any tips you guys would like to share would be nice I haven't used a steamer to much my self.

Look forward on a review if possible :thumb:

4. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

Used mine today nica.

It is a tank, I love it. full pressure 100psi 300* for the whole hour i used it to clean the trim, wheel wells, tires and wheels.

I did the whole interior on a m3 with it on friday. that turned out well. I ddi need to dress out that interior after words but it cleaned it just fine.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh man I wish I lived close to you, I'd tag along just to see the steamer in action. So if you got the time could you describe what you do when you use the steamer in the interior. I want to purchase one but I just cant wrap my head around as to how I'll be using it...mmm...ooh wait Kevin has a video as how he uses it...I should take a look at that video again...oh Grouse got a picture of the steamer? I'd love to see it :druling:

6. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

The TR5 is awesome!!! In a lot of cases a steamer is more useful than an extractor. It might just be because I lack skill with the extractor though. I def think a steamer is really useful for so many things on the interior as well as exterior.

7. jshillin

I got an email from them yesterday saying they sold out over the weekend and they are waiting on a new shipment to arrive in the next 7-10 business days. I was hoping to have it by the weekend, but it looks like I'll be lucky if I have it by next weekend.

8. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Sorry to hear the bad news Jason. That really sucks having to wait like that!

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Gotta link for the vid senor?

10. jshillin

Yes, waiting sucks!! I really wanted to try it out this weekend!

11. jshillin