Jaguar XF - Swissvax Enhancement Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

Recently I was asked to carry out an enhancement detail on this Jaguar XF.

Ill just start with the pics when I arrived:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I started by rinsing the car, then cleaning the alloys with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and the arches/petrol cap/door shuts/Tyres and engine bay with APC

[​IMG]

After rising then snowfoamed the car with CG Citrus Snowfoam

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rinsed the car after 5 mins, then washed with Swissvax Car Bath rinsed then clayed the car with Swissvax Paint Rubber

[​IMG]

Then detarred with Tardis then treated with Iron Cut on the alloys and paint surface

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I then washed the car again and dried with a Dodo Juice Supernatural drying towel.

Took some paint depth readings (no pics) and checked out the swirls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I corrected using Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro with a Chemical Guys Hex Logic Polishing Pad on the rotary,
    it was then further refined with a Menzerna Final Finish with a Chemical Guys Hex Logic Refining Pad on the DA.

Sorry no 50/50 shots as I was struggling with the light and the weather looked like it was turning for the worse,
    so concentrated on getting the job done so only complete pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Regular was applied via da then first layer of wax being Swissvax Shield and left for 10 mins,
    buffed and left to breath for 30 mins, buffed again then second layer being Swissvax BOS applied left for 20 mins then buffed.

whilst waiting to cure I appled Swissvax Seal fead to the rubber seals, 3M glass cleaner used to clean the glass, Nano Express
    used on the plastic trim and Swissvax Metal Polish with ultrafine steel wool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The alloys were treated to Zaino Z2 and then Swissvax Autobahn and the tyres with Pneu.

The Interior was treated to Swissvax Leather Cleaner, Wood Polish, Interior Quick Finish.

the end results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The owner was very happy with the results

Thanks for viewing

Robert
    Prism Detailing

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

wow. the blue really got deeper and looks great. Very dramatic effect from the before and after. How do you like that electric pressure washer?

3. Prism

The Karcher does the job, I would prefer a Kranzle but business funds are being invested elsewhere, and if it aint broken why replace it !

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice work. like the color a lot.

what are your thoughts on this vehicle?

5. Prism

I really like it, saying that I sat in a XFR on Saturday and loved that even more, not sure how they drive, but have won best executive in the uk oe europe for the last 3 years.

Paint was lovely to work with and gave fantastic results and I loved the interior, very classy

6. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

The Color is awesome.
    Great Job on the detail.
    Applying the Swissvax cleaner regular with a DA was great idea. I am gonna try that.

Have you found that the shield topped with best of show lasts longer overall? I am surprised the BOS stuck to the shield. Interesting.

Beautiful job though.

7. Prism

In all honesty, this was the first attempt, but seemed to bond well, only time will tell and as long as their is some protection on it during the winter thats all the owners is wanting, the BOS was to try out and see if it worked. Remember with Swissvax all their products work well with each other and I dont think there is an excepting with Shield.

Cleaner Fluid via DA really cuts down a bit of time and a lot less tiring.

8. JonM

JonM Guest

Beautiful job. That color looks so wet and deep now.

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

nice work!!!