Jag X-type Detail

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Well here is my two days worth of work. The jag came in for a full polish, as the owners daughter had taken her artistic talent and wrote her name on the car....with a key. I unfortunately could not capture the scratchesproperly with my lighting, but I did get an after shot(look at the up close picture in the after pics).

Process:

Well first thing I did was wash the vehicle down with Z7
    Clayed the car with ricardos clay and megs qd
    rewashed the car with z7
    hydra solve mixed 10 to 1 on the rims
    XMT 3 via makita rotary cutting pad - orange
    XMT2 via manita rotary cutting pad - orange
    Klasse AIO via makita rotary polishing pad - white
    Unfortunately I was out of Titanium so I had to use Pinnacle SignatureII

onto the interior now...what I dreaded most

Megs APC on all surfaces incl. the rubber floor mats
    Megs Carpet cleaner mixed 15 - 1 in carpet extractor - heat it up and have at her
    Connolly Hide Care cleaner used on the leather surfaces - LOTS of scrubbing
    Zaino Z10 leather in a bottle on all leather sufaces
    Lexol Vinylx used on all other surfaces
    Gunk window cleaner on all the windows
    Rainx on the front window
    I used the air compressor to blow out all of the little crevaces, and any other junk I could...it was dirty guys

RESULTS!

BEFORE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AFTER

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

looking good, to bad I wasnt able to help.

But it looks good

3. Divine Detail

Thanks Mike. It really was too bad you didn't get to see this one. The pictures don't do it justice, esp. the befores....it was god awful inside.

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

yeah im sure, from what the women said it was a disaster, but now its done so she will be able to sell it.. Im sure the new owner willlove it.

Ohh and to bad on the titanium, looks like im going to have to order another jar at the rate vintage is comming.

The Sig II looked like it did a decent job though.

5. Divine Detail

I think the Sig II did such a good job simply because of all of the buffing I had to do to remove the swirls and the keying. Zymol would have left you standing on your ear!

6. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Happy to head that you use Connolly products on Connolly leather.

7. Divine Detail

I just wish the connolly worked better on the connolly leather! I was rather dissapointed in it unfortunatly...

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Boy that was one dirty Jag, interior looks wicked. It's funny becuase I never really cared much for the interior lol..but now I spend the same amount of time in the exterior as I do in the interior lol.

That vehicle looks sharp, love the set up you got there...oh and I hear you on the aircompresor, I putchased one and used it this weekend, works wicked for those spots that love to hog the water and then it drips and drips for a long time lol.

Thank you for sharing, the vehicle looks great.

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Oh really? I love the conditioner! I have yet to find something better. The Megs one is pretty good bang for he buck, but Lexol was my old conditioner. Now I mostly use Connolly

10. Divine Detail

Try zaino, it totally beat out the connollys!

11. Divine Detail

Thanks Nica, I was rather happy with how it turned out. I just wish the pictures did it alittle justice, I should really spend the money and get a new digital camera instead of just using my cell phone!

12. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice work! The car looks great!

13. Divine Detail

thanks all!