Jag Wilton Wool Carpet Care and Feeding Question

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by cptzippy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

Have the front carpets out of my 94 Jag XJS right now. Took them out because the A/C drains stopped up and got a bit of water on them (not too much). Going to take care of a couple of minor surface rust spots in the floorboards. I want the carpets to be as fresh as possible when they go back in. What would you guys recommend to clean them. I do have a li'l green machine but that's about it (besides vacuums).

Does the fact that they are Wilton Wool make a difference in how you care for them?

Also, there is a foam pad under each carpet. It is not closed cell and does soak up some water. They've been out long enough now they should be pretty dry (about 2 weeks). Cleaning them? Making them where they don't soak up water?

TIA,
    Tony

2. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

i have always used meguiars APC. it works great for carpets and helps remove oder and stains.use that with a carpet brush and towel it down.let it dry before you put it back in your car.otherwise it will smell from moisture...the foam pads i would use the APC as well but do not soak it.spray on a towel and wipe over it...good luck hope that helps.