IT'S BACK and its GLORIOUS! 2013 VIPER

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by dsms, Apr 4, 2012.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Im sorry but the unveil of the 2013 Viper has me a little crazed this morning :headbang:

Let me start by openly admitting that I don't like American cars, there are some great exceptions like the Ford GT (despite its chassis being far from American) and the new Mustang GT which is cool.

I wasn't always like this... in fact the one iconic car that started my whole passion for cars was the 1994 Dodge Viper, I fell in love with it and from there my car obsession went in a million directions. Not far after I read about something called a McLaren F1 and my perspective changed so did my choice of car.

Rarely does a car company make a new car or update an older model and nail it but I think Dodge did an incrdible job with the new viper inside and out and for the first time in a very long time I have a strong desire to own an American car :applause2:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/04/2013-srt-viper-bites-back-with-640-hp-returns-to-racing-w-vide/

Cliff notes:

N/A 8.4l V10
    640hp
    600ft. lbs
    3300lbs

2. Paul S

Paul S Birth of a Detailer

Thats SWEEEEET ! !

3. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Front end reminds me of a 550 Maranello and the rear tails remind me of Rapide...still, it's a great looking car. And that interior might be one of the best ever in an American car!

On second glance, the front is half 550 and half Z06.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I'm still getting used to the front lights. The rest is gorgeous.

5. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

^I'm with P1et on that. Those headlights just don't fit. They need something that resembles the first gen a little bit more.

6. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

Never was a fan and I'm still not, my next door neighbor has a 94 Viper with 600 miles on it. Not my cup of tea

7. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

Watch the unveiling video from road and track, it's on YouTube

Damn nice

8. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Are you going to try to replicate the childhood picture with the yellow Viper? .... haircut and everything ... LMFAO.

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Id drive that...........

I agree with headlamps, takes away from the snake head look.

10. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Absolutely stunning car! Looks like Italian design mixed with the classic gen. 2 Viper. Performance will be unreal with power to weight coming at 4.9lbs/hp. Not sure why people don't like the headlights. In my eyes, everything flows extremely nicely.

11. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I was going to post that but I couldnt find the photobucket link ;(

12. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

That sure is pretty, but weird that I was a little taken back by the headlights too? They seem like they stick out or something from the flow of the front end, idk. But it's a great design, I'm sure that thing flies.

Anyone else cringe at the front emblem picture? there's more swirls in that emblem and paint that in my camaro and I think my camaro is pretty swirled lol...

13. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Damn whoever prepped and polished the paint on it should be shot. Look at all the obvious sanding marks, like they didn't even try.

It's a very beautiful car though, LOVE it.

14. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Sweet !!! Love it !!!

15. VW 91

VW 91 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

The front end definitely has an italian look to it, but I like it. My first dream car was the 97 GTS. As a kid a fell in love with it and still think it looks absolutely stunning. Look at that back end!

GTS_480x280.jpg

16. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

So happy they moved towards bringing back the GTS body lines and styling- the Viper GTS is the car that got me into my auto industry craze and my passion for cars- the snake is back and its f'ing awesome.
    Thank you SRT

17. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

i watched the live feed, I cant wait until I see one of these out on the road.

18. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

Not digging the front lights, needs to be more menacing lol.
    Rest of the car I like though, no interior shots? Curious if the interior got better

19. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

yes i love ...but i does remind me of a 550/599/612 ferrari from some angles and that rear end is so maserati gt ...hell i think it is the gt taillights

20. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

there are some out there and yes the inside is beautiful and a 200% improvement from the only viper i have driven a 98 gts