its a cold one

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Calgarydetail, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

Well calgary has been blessed with an unbelivable amount of snow and this wonderfull cold. Its -24C right now, with the windchill its -36C. thats 32.8F... its a cold one...

and it dosent look like its going to let up for a few days

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caab0049
    so who in calgary wants to charter a plane and go to mexico? :doh:

remind me why we live here again :thud:

2. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I miss the snow!

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

If you dropped a foot of snow in Mississippi, it would be the equivilant of dropping a nuclear bomb. I guess were lucky some terrorist hasnt figured out how to do that!!

I couldnt live up there. WAY to cold!!

Lets all move to Hawaii.

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

We haven't had any snow yet...Boston...I miss it too...:thumb:

5. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Everyone in SoCal would be dead within the hour if that weather suddenly came here :p

Its just a bit overcast down south. Going to ONR my car soon so hopefully it doesn't rain lol

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Geez! And I was going to whine because its -4 here right now. In fact its supposed to be no higher than -4 here any day next week, possibly -15 with the wind chill. Guess I'll be working on the new building. The landlord FINALLY got all his crap out.

7. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

The other day, we had 81* during the day, and less than 12 hours later, a cold front came in. Went from 81* to below freezing with sleet and spitting snow... no wonder everyone is sick....

8. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Twas hovering around 25-30F today with some wind here in Buffalo, I got some Christmas shopping done. We seem to get just enough snow every couple days for the trucks to nicely salt the roads. By the end of the week everyone's car looks like hell.

Supposed to be in the low 40s and cloudy tommorrow, which will be great (relatively speaking) for car washing. Get to put my $8 "foam gun" to good use on the nasty road salt. :)

9. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Im in Fort St John and its -32 without a windchill......Im sending it your way tonight. Enjoy :)

10. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

:shakehead: Man I miss the snow here in NJ, it has not really snowed a lot in a few years. Me owning a snow and ice control company could really use nice winter!!!!!

11. 911Fanatic

Just make sure it goes Southeast and not straight South or I'll get it!

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Ha I laugh at the cold...hahahahahaha.

Ha yea right, I'm probably one of the worst person to be in a cold climate. I get cold easy...um...Calgarydetail will testify to that :whistle:

Any who, it sure is a cold one..brrrr...but that didn't stop me from detailing this weekend ;) man I love my new garage :druling:

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Can't complain here... we just started hitting right below freezing point during the early mornings.

14. 911Fanatic

I think we're all tired of hearing about your nice new, heated garage!! LOL Especially since you haven't posted any recent pics of it.

15. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D More motivation for everyone to make the trip down to Mobile Tech Expo 2009 :D

16. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i HATE THE FRICKEN COLD.. WHEN IT'S 60 I SHAKE!!!!!!!!! and my medication makes me super cold for a few hours a day while i withdraw from opiates... nice.. plus moving from Chicago to Hawaii for college for 5 years then moving back to Chicago my body has never recovered... like it expects it to be 80-88 everyday.. my hands get all dry and that never happened before.. damn Hawaii changed my body forever for it's been almost 4 years and i still get really really cold fast!!!!!! oh well one day it will be 6 months in hawaii and 6 months in chicago.. so i can enjoy nice weather all year round and not get bored with the nightlife and lack of sporting events and concerts in Hawaii.

17. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

this is why I would never wanna live in Canada. I like it chilly, but not to the paint that a walk in freezer would be a warmer place to stay. F*** that!

18. 911Fanatic

Actually, this is very early for it to be this cold on the West Coast. Usually it isn't like this until Jan or Feb.

19. BlueZero

BlueZero Birth of a Detailer

It's 2F (-17C) here now with a windchill of -21F (-30C). I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning.

Every winter I question why I stay in this climate. lol

20. ghost28

ghost28 Birth of a Detailer

New Building??? you get a shop or is this for something else????