Is this the Daytona Speed Brush?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by adamturbo, Sep 30, 2010.

1. adamturbo

adamturbo Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I recently ordered a Daytona Speed Brush from eShine but I'm not entirely certain that is what I received. I believe this is the EZ Detail Brush - based on the packaging and I thought the Daytona brush was red in colour?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Could someone who owns a Daytona Speed Brush confirm this?

Thank you.

2. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

That is definitely not the daytona speed brush, as you said it is suppose to be red. Some differences I've read before are less bristles for easier access in and out of rims, and stronger stem apparently.

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

You definitely have the original E-Z Detail Brush

4. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

i just received a daytona speed brush from our local distributor

upon inspection it doesnt seem any different from my EZ-Brush

the stem feels the same to me - the EZ-Brush stem softens over time from the constant bending

only reason i ordered the Daytona is to colour code my brushes - the EZ Brush will work just as well mate

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

i have heard that the new and improved Daytona stem breaks. I have had my EX detail for 3 yrs and it is still going. The stem is quite flexible, but it still works great.

6. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

That is EZ Detail. Daytona has red bristles and the packaging says Daytona Speed Master brush.

7. adamturbo

Great, thank you for all of your responses.

I'm sure the EZ Detail Brush works just as well, my issue is that the Daytona was twice the price. Just wanted to get the facts straight before contacting the online supplier. ;)

8. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Daytona was designed to handle the riggors of automotive wheel cleaning, while the EZ brushes were created for motorcycles. Daytona were made exclusively for AG and is more sturdy than EZ brushes. I've gone through 5 EZ brushes and all seam to either have the base handle snap off or the plastic tip come off within 2 months or normal washing. One even broke after first wash! I've got the Daytona and it's been going strong for me for 6 months so far. Placed an order for their new mini Daytona so will see how well that works out. Only real complaint I have about Daytonas is the splatter due to longer bristles.

9. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

This always happens to me eventually. Gorilla Glue is my friend for getting the handle back on....it expands/fills as it dries so it secures the inside of the wooden handle to the metal wire nice and tight. Works well for re-applying the tip as well. If the tip comes off and you just flat out lose it, then just put a nice coat of the Gorilla Glue to the tip...it will expand to form a semi-soft barrier which stops the metal wire from scratching.

Daytona Speed Master is onyl $5 more than EZ Detail (from the same online store). If you keep your eyes peeled, AG puts the Daytona on sale fairly often if you can't justify the price increase.

10. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

The Daytona bristles are softer than the EZ brush.

11. domino

ahhh didnt realise the pricing issue as i bought mine many months apart

you definitely have cause for a 'please explain' from your vendor

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i have the EZ detail brush in which you received and it feels a lot different then the Daytona wheel brush to me. The EZ bursh feels a lot weaker and more brittle.

13. adamturbo

I just contacted eShine this morning (via phone) and I was informed that the EZ Detail Brush is the same as the Daytona Wheel Brush. However, that is clearly contradictory to everything said thus far in this thread. :help:

Perhaps the Daytona Wheel Brush is exclusive to AutoGeek and sold by another name elsewhere?

14. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

HY
    No they are not the same, you got ripped off...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

15. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Definitely not the same. The only retailers for the Daytona Brush is through AG. I guess some companies might buy it and try to resell it at a markup, but they're the official retailers. EZ Brush is made by the same company, but if eShine is telling you it's the same brush, they're lying.

16. Winny

Winny Virgin Detailer

Not sure if we can post from another site but this is what I found. I also bought from eshine, the red daytona, and got the blue one.

Ez-Detail brush vs Daytona Wheel brush

This guy did a pretty good review of both brushes.

17. eShine

eShine Guest

We recently switched to the regular EZ brush as we now purchase direct from EZ. We had a discussion with EZ and here is the info pasted below. I will change the info on the website today to express this. In the meantime I will credit your order so you get the brush 1/2 off for the misunderstanding.

Hi Chris,

Yes, they are the same except the color. They are both made with the same high end materials.

We are planning on making a "car" label. When it is available we will let you know.

Thank you,
    Christina Henderson
    EZ Products, Inc.
    866-631-8488

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: ezdetail@hotmail.com
    Subject: Daytona- EZ detail Brush
    Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:41:55 -0400

EZ, besides the color of the Daytona Brush are there any other differences between the two brushes? I had a customer ask this and I wanted to make sure I have the correct answer for him.

Chris Pace
    eShine Car Care Inc.

18. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Chris that is mighty nice of you to credit him so he gets 50% off. Maybe it is something that is just all in our heads. I mean personally to me the EZ vs the Daytona seems to feel a little different but maybe its a head thing.

19. eShine

eShine Guest

I have a few Daytonas here and EZ brushes. No differences as far as I can tell. Again I emailed EZ and I can only take their word on it that they are the same. It only makes sence for a company to apply any improvements to their whole line instead of making two completely different brushes.

20. domino

i used my daytona last wash and can confirm they are identical

the differences people are seeing are merely a placebo imo