Is Lusso Autobathe worth the price?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by PDJ3.2, Oct 5, 2010.

1. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

I'm interested in trying Lusso Autobathe as it is highly regarded on this forum. However, it's quite expensive for a shampoo and it takes an oz per gal of water. I'm currently using DG 901 as a maintenance wash and really like it. Have any of you used both shampoos and still recommend the Lusso?

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

In one word, yes! I love it...also the dilution is a bit high...i use around 1oz/3.5 gallons of water which is one wash for me. So a 8oz bottle last 8 washes for me and price is not too bad getting it from Phil @ DD with the 10% forum code...best maintenance soap I have use. Try it out once and see how you like it, if you dont sell/trade it or keep using DG901.

3. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Really? That seems like a lot per wash. I can get about 15 washes out of a bottle, I began using it at higher dilutions but it was almost too slick for its own good. I found less works better because the water suds up nicely and everything glides.

But to the OP, yes on many levels its awesome stuff, and smells great!

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have not messed with using it at anything higher than 1/3.5g...but on that note I will try it at something like .5/3.5g and see how it works.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

less is definitely more, at least 15 washes for sure.

6. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

yes it's definitely worth it if you enjoy washing your car - smell and lubrication are win

im now using DG on my wheels/underbody, great soap, seems to hold onto suds very well

re dilution, i have a stockpile of lusso bottles and still on my first bottle since buying my car in May with weekly washing - i put two capfuls per bucket

7. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

its a great soap. very similar to pinnacle bodywork shampoo. both are great!!!

8. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I really liked the Lusso wash but not gonna use it any weaker than The 1oz/gallon ratio unless I hear it from Lusso themselves.

9. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I've been asking them to change it for about 2 years now lol.

but no problem go for it use it one oz per gallon I'll just get to see you more often Emile :thumb:

10. Minicoop831

Minicoop831 Birth of a Detailer

Lol, I say 2oz. Just playing

But seriously, I ordered optimum car wash the other day from Phil, because I wanted a new maintenance wash, but I totally never thought of lusso

I'm so dumb

11. PDJ3.2

So it doesn't have to be diluted to 1oz per gallon? If that's the case I'll be more likely to give it a try. I have the Lusso Oro paste wax and that's the best smelling detailing product I've ever used, so if the wash smells anything like that, it wouldn't hurt

12. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

agreed and yes

whenever i go through my detailing stash, ill admit i pop the lid for a sniff

i put 3 coats of lusso on when i used it last, mainly because of the smell that lingers after app

the wash feels and smells like a premium product, and it is

if i was still doing my hobby business as micropak Australia distributor, id bring the lusso line over here

13. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

There are alot of shampoo that work better with a little more or a little less water and it depend on area sometimes. Optimum Car Wash is great shampoo along with FK118 both clean very well and rinse fast. Some of the oily soap really take time to rinse off. OCW and FK is very similar but FK doesnt smell like anything

14. Emile

Okay, I'll bite. Hopefully I can stop by today and pickup some more Lusso. :headbang:

15. PDJ3.2

That's funny, I do the same thing. I pick the jar up and smell it nearly every time I walk by it

16. Emile

I picked up another 8oz of Lusso from Phil yesterday. I am going to try 1oz with ~3.5 gallons of water and see how it works out this week-end.

17. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Lusso Oro is very well worth the price...One of the very few shampoos I'd use to wash my X5 wearing a coat of SV Insignis...

18. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

They make a 64oz size right on their site which is a bit cheaper per oz.

19. PDJ3.2

You would think it would be cheaper per oz. but $65 for 64oz as opposed to $10 for 8oz. Somehow it's still more than $1 per oz.

20. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Yeah it's not a great discount, but something like 20% right?