Iron X in Kwazar bottles

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, May 23, 2011.

1. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I have been using the refills of Iron X and putting them into the Kwazar spray bottles. After a couple of uses the product in the bottle turns into the purple color it would if you are using it. Is this bad? Is the product doing its thing inside the bottle and worthless now?

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Yes unfortunately it is now worthless it reacted to something inside the bottle. Might want to contact Avi or Phil on it depending on who you bought it from.

3. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Now that is very strange! There are no iron particles to react with it... Hmm, I wonder why it would happen.

4. pecka13

pecka13 Birth of a Detailer

Im pretty sure phil only uses kwazar bottles and im sure he uses iron x

5. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Yea, that's strange. I wouldn't think it would react to plastic.

6. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

Was the Iron X the first thing you used in that bottle?

7. mobilejay

Yeah I don't understand either. The bottle was a brand new bottle. I try to close the bottle as tight as I can thinking maybe something is getting inside but it's still happening.

8. mobilejay

The bottle was from phil.

9. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

I'm sure Phil can provide some insight on this matter

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

clean the bottle with some hot water it should be fine.

I use the kwazar bottle with Iron Cut and have no issues this has been months now.

11. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Yup I agree. It's a good thing to get into the habit of washing out your spray bottles before you use them for the first time. You never know.

12. mobilejay

Okay, I will try that. Do you have any info on what may be causing it? Am I not closing the bottle tight enough or would that have anything to do with it?

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

r u using a funnel or tool to pour the iron cut into the bottle?

14. mobilejay

Also, when you guys close the nozzle is it closed where nothing will spray out? If I close it as tight as I can, the sprayer still sprays product out. Just pouring it in from the refill bottle to the Kwazar

15. bakchoi

bakchoi Birth of a Detailer

It's because the "trigger" has some kind of metal/alloy material inside it, kinda like a spring or some sort...

16. mobilejay

So after I use it, is it dripping back in or something? Do I need to get another trigger, this one may not be closing tight enough?

17. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

did you dilute the iron x with water? If so it could have reacted with mineral content in the water.

18. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

Hi
    the Ironx your poured inside reacted with the metal spring inside the spray head, if it has any light rust it will change its color.
    if the color is light color pink, its still OK !! you can use it with no problem , it will perform well.
    its not about air closing or anything else, only metal contact..
    make sure you rinse very well the spray trigger after using with plenty of water.
    no need special chemical resistance spray heads, simple sprayer will be fine as well.

19. mobilejay

I didn't dilute with water no. Just poured it in by itself.
    The color was a little more purple than pink when in the bottle. I wasn't rinsing the sprayer after each use, maybe that had something to do with it. I did rinse the bottle out with hot water like phil said so we will see if it happens again

20. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Perhaps the bottles were pre-delivery (mfg) washed with water that contained minerals? Rinse with distilled water...