Iron Out and Kwazar

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by kaiten408, Aug 24, 2013.

1. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

So my recent order included 5L of Iron Out and a Kwazar Mercury Pro bottle, for the Iron Out. I fill the bottle up about 3/4 way, start to spray a 4Runner down and about halfway thru the car the sprayer starts losing pressure. Towards the end of the car, it was at most dribbling out of the end. I ended up just taking the sprayer off and dumped the last of the bottle over the hood.

I was under the impression that Kwazar's are chemical resistant, but is Iron Out just too much for it? Or maybe I have a defective sprayer/bottle? Just trying to get some insight from other Iron Out users, and what kind of bottle are you using?

2. dankfanatic

dankfanatic DB Forum Supporter

I haven't used Iron Out in a Kwazar yet, but I had Sonax in one of mine and it died after about 1yr. AG CWC also killed another Kwazar sprayer in about the same time.

FYI, the grey chemical resistant sprayers from CG have yet to fail on me after multiple years. (used with IronX/Iron Out) I don't think i'll be purchasing any more Kwazar sprayers.

3. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Same here. AG CWC just killed one my Kwazar sprayers and a few others with different chemicals. Another fell a short distance off a table and quit working after this. These bottles while nice looking and work great out of the box have turned out to be less than what was expected. Additionally, replacement heads are not even available for purchase and if they were would probably be overpriced. I've had way better luck with the grey chemical resistant sprayers and they only cost about $2 each.

4. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the replies guys. I've got another 2 bottles with Adam's APC and Sonax FE in them, and they've been fine for a couple of months now. I suppose I'll try the chemical resistant sprayer heads (*and I just placed an order with CG last week, should've thrown in the sprayer). I doubt I'll be buying anymore Kwazar's.