Iron Decon Alternatives...

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ModdedMach, Jun 26, 2014.

1. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

So im placing an order from the retailer i use to order most of my products and i need some IronX (my go to for Iron decon and im out). Anywho, they are out of stock....so im thinking....and lightbulb:

What about Sonax's new Wheel cleaner PLUS- its more concentrated and removes more iron than the previous Full Effect, its safe on ALL types of wheels, including Clear coated, painted and Aluminium, its PH balanced....

So why wouldnt it be perfectly safe and effective to use on paint for Iron fallout removal?

Its priced similarly and it would mean i could order all my stuff from one place rather than submitting multiple orders. AND its 1 less bottle on the shelf, to be used on Wheel and Paint....

Any experience or thoughts on this are welcome. Thanks in advance.

JordanL likes this.
  2. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Was wondering the same thing... Subscribed

3. ricky bobby

ricky bobby New Member

For what its worth I use the same spray for Paint Decon as well as Wheel Decon (Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner), one reason being because Adam's actually puts on the bottle that it can be used as paint decon and I get refills in gallons from them at a discount, and I like the way it sprays much better than Sonax, more of a fine mist which is more easily spread as opposed to a streaming spray.

as long as it's pH neutral I wouldn't worry too much, having two decon sprays was just too much for me. Plus I think IronX even recommends it to be used on wheels anyway lol

4. inDetail

inDetail New Member

I'm not a huge fan of Chemical Decon because it's so expensive. If a client is paying for it that's fine. I like to spray then spread with a damp applicator pad. I prefer Wolf's for this reason it's a gel and spreading it with a damp applicator helps conserve prodcut. Wolf's is also spec'd to let dry then power wash off so I don't have to rush.
    If your compounding paint your cutting gunk right off the paint. If I really want to have OCD. I prefer a quick once over with a chem based paint work cleanser then start polishing.