Iroku Edition

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by ScottieB, Feb 28, 2009.

1. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

Justin,
    I want to purchase some SN but I don't know what Iroku Edition is? Can you give me some insight on both kinds you carry? Thanks in advance. I did a search and did not find an answer.

2. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

It's the one that comes in the "wooden pot". Same wax.

3. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

The Iroku Edition is a bigger in size than the plastic jar of SN. THe wooden pot has 250ml and the plastic jar only contains 200ml. The Iroku Edition has a refill option and the plastic jar doesn't. The plastic jar is supposed to have a minimal higher carnauba content but the Iroku Edition is supposed to be a lot easier to remove. I don't think there is that big of a difference in removal between the two.

4. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

I was curious if the wooden pot was V1 and the plastic was V2. Some other posts stated, as I understood the posts, that after time V2 would be in all pots. If that is the case, the wooden pot is a better deal , due to the refill option. Am I correct in this thinking?

5. Obsessive Detail

Yes, the wooden pot is V1 and the plastic is V2. With the refill option the wooden pot is a lot better deal in my opinion.

6. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the help. Order to come soon.

7. Obsessive Detail

No problem! :thumb:

8. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

Justin, my order came today. It was well packed and the order was correct. Thank you very much. I'll start polishing my car tomorrow and I'll try everything out.

9. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

What's the charge for refills on the wooden pot? And I'm assuming one would have to pay shipping to and from the UK in addition to the refill charge right?

I should be receiveing my SN tomorrow (plastic pot). I just couldn't justify the wooden pot simply because I like to try new waxes, and I've really never bought the same wax twice.

10. Obsessive Detail

The refill costs around $78 right now.

11. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Hmmm... maybe I shoulda bought the iroku pot.

I need one of each right?

12. Obsessive Detail

No problem! Thank you!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

13. Obsessive Detail

Sure! :headbang:

14. Cyclo

Cyclo Birth of a Detailer

I keep looking at that wooden pot.. Now if I knew it was a v2 version I just might purchase it, only for the novelty of it. Second point is; knowing that it will hang around with me for a long time. I worry about it outgassing it's solvents and turning brittle on me. For that reason alone is why I liked the older style tin pots, But then you run a chance of leaving a moist applicator in one and years later you open it to discover rust inside the tin.

[​IMG]

15. Obsessive Detail

I think as long as you keep it from getting too hot or too cold it will be fine. The wooden pot also has a rubber o-ring that keeps it sealed really well. It is actually pretty tough getting the lid off!