iPhone 5....I'm getting it

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by kakeuter, Sep 12, 2012.

1. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

So they anounced the new iPhone today, I haven't watched the video yet (still at work). It looks like it has everything that has been on the leaked photos I'm sure everyone has seen.

Finally getting rid of my Evo and getting this phone. Below is a short video showing some of the new features that were talked about in the presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwp7NjhLbrc

-Kody-

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Its pretty nice, very clean and simple as always with apple. glad they joined the rest of the world with a tad larger screen and LTE............

may trade my skyrocket in on one.

3. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

I said I wasn't going to get it because my iPhone 4 works fine but I think I'm going to go ahead and get one. I'm eligible for an upgrade anyway so why not

4. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy this one, but I must admit I was a little bit disappointed since it looks just like the 4S

5. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

Ive been waiting on this phone for a while. Now i can get an SIII for a reasonable price ;)

6. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

LTE? Does that mean Samsung will sue them? lol

7. Kilo6_one

I am sure........ I think they get off suing each other

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'm getting another BB. :p:

9. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

galaxy 3 I'll stick with that best phone yet

10. Kilo6_one

I went swimming with my SGS2, and picked up a skyrocket, best damn phone Ive had since I would say the blackberry bold came out. (before the touch screen wars started) So the 5 is going to really have to knock my socks off...........

I would get another BB, but they need to really jump in there with the big boys and up their speed and the ability to operate on LTE, other then that they are a "tool" and not a toy +phone so to speak...

11. richy

richy Guest

I'm getting one too. I've been on a waiting list at the store for a while. I want a black 64 gig one. Now I'm hunting for a case.

12. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

13. Kilo6_one

http://www.elementcase.com/

I have had quite a few of these cases, they are awesome............. if you are into having tricked out gear, this is one company that does make some tricked out stuff.

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

This is why Im getting another BB. I want a tool for work, not a toy. Plus the size of the iPhone is a deterrent for me. My Bold is quite a bit smaller and lighter. As well, all I do is call and text.

15. Kilo6_one

if they had a spotify ap Id consider getting another one, thats all I use mine for now anyway....... i have a tablet for games and surfing the web. Plus the BB bold is a solid feeling phone.

16. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Thanks for the link man. Definitely grabbing one of those carbon fiber cases as soon as they release them for the 5, which apparently is tomorrow.

17. Kilo6_one

Not sure when their 5 case will be out, they are sort of unreliable with their release information, but yeah, their cases are top notch, I met one of their guys at gun show and its definatley worth the cash if you like gadgets.

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I'll get one since I have an iPhone 4 now and am probably eligible for an upgrade soon. I wish they would have at least tried to make the camera better. For the rest, I would have been just as happy with a 4S. It's a good phone. I mean, what else would you want from it?

19. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

I'm a huge apple fanboy, so this probably goes without saying, but from what I can see on apple's site, the new design shares only the general shape and button design. Otherwise, it's a complete evolution from my 4S. The band is now a high gloss peice, and the textured aluminum back is über sexy plus will provide better grip than the glass I think. I *LOVE* that they made the aluminum a darker grey / "slate" to go with the black phone so the entire phone has a stealth appearance, and makes using two materials less of a two tone look.

I'm up for upgrade (got the 4S in a sneaky way) so I'll be pre ordering mine Friday am. I learned last year that waiting until the day it comes out in stores is not smart becaus the line will be LONG, and supplies run out fast. Then you have to wait 3 weeks for next shipment...bummer!

20. Kilo6_one

what are your thoughts on the fact they could have just used a Micro USB but instead went with an entirely different connector........... some folks have been grumbling about that.