iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by supercharged, Oct 20, 2011.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I've seen the drop test video already but I still went for I4S because it "fit" my needs better.

Once I get apple care I'll conduct a drop test of my own, right around the time they don't have any more 4's and have a fresh stock of the 5's...I love great customer service :headbang:

3. supercharged

I tried ifone and just cannot get used to 1 button in the middle deal. On android phones you get 4 buttons MENU, HOME, BACK, and SEARCH. It makes it so much easier to navigate. Then again I'm not a fan of apple computers in general. I want that Samsung tablet badly!

4. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Ahaha good luck with that. Apple has refurbished stock of previous models for about 3 years on iPods and iPhones. Apple care only covers 2 if I'm not mistaken. They are smarter than that ;)

5. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

We'll see ways to get around, the norm btw take a 3G in and see if they can replace that. They have to have the phone in stock to replace it or they upgrade free...I don't know anyone yet who has given in a 3G and gotten less then a 3gs back

6. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

Too bad the other 99.99% of the time the iPhone uses are a much better phone all around.

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

honestly, I waited...... my atrix was played out, and I was really waiting to see what apple had to offer, i was satisfied with the specs......... what killed it was they screen was still the same size, so I went with the S2 and I do not regret it. I will get the I4s for my wife in december so ill get to play with it then. Both are great devices, the gap is being closed by both samsung and Apple very quickly.

8. supercharged

no hate but certain thing ifone are just wrong. For instance for years cell phones had their aswer button on the left and reject on the right. Ifone is the only one who does is backwards. WHY? To me it's like brushing your teeth through your asshole. I'm not a fan of itunes either. I damn my little ipod everytime I need to load new music on it. But now I can use my samsung phone and bluetooth headphones.

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I use my phone to actually phone people. I'll keep my BB.

10. Kilo6_one

Iphones, and most apple products market on the simplicity of things...from the hardware to the software. To some people that is appealing since they do not have to learn something more complicated, android being on of them. Android is a mini computer basically, it had its draw backs like rebooting, crashing etc. But they have an outstanding screen, graphics and camera as well, they are maybe a year or two ahead of apple when it comes to wireless speed, but really it does not matter since the whole country is not 100% 4g.

I like apple products because they are clean and simple..... my next purchase will probably be a 27" Imac for my wife, I hate cords, cables and clutter and Apple does it right with the Imac....

if the Iphone5 has a larger screen I may jump to that......

but lets look at numbers, if you are a company and you are sitting on 81 billion dollars in cash you know you are doing it right. However with Steve gone people are worried it may never be the same since he had such a personal influence on the design aspect of all products.

11. Kilo6_one

i had a BB from 2000 too 2007 and loved it, but im a tech junkie....... I loved the new BB bold it was well built and very clean, the phone came first then the rest came second which most companies seem to have it reversed now. I would have loved to buy the bold, but im so addicted to larger screens now it is sad.

Since I maybe make 20 minutes of calls a month I guess the phone aspect no longer is much of a factor.

12. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Android sucks, you can't even sync with Outlook. Absolutely worthless. Touch screen has crappy response regardless of phone, and the menu system is way too complicated.

Blackberry is not going to survive much longer.

iPhone is just the best.

13. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

Saying it sucks is a little short sighted imo. It comes to personal preference. Android is more customizable is geared towards tech junkies. Apples simplicity is based on their design fundamentals. Some people don't want to just pick up a phone and be able to use it like that, they want to tinker with it. I do agree there are some manufacturers that produce less than stellar hardware that run Android, and that's one of the disadvantages of droid. But if you look up online, its pretty easy to find what to avoid.

14. Kilo6_one

Only android phones I would even consider are the Samsung galaxy series and the Motorola top tier phones, everything else is just low rent IMO. (Well maybe throw in some HTC stuff) There is no cohesion in the android line I will give it that, to many phones... but google doesn't care, they just want numbers and sales figures if you look at the issue in its totality. Only the top tier android phones are worth even talking about really. Like I said Android has its draw backs, but I have no issues with screen responce, and yes the menu system is way too complicated at time and cumbersome, and as for syncing with outlook, the Email push on android sucks no matter what Email system you use unless you route it through their email app......which is actually quite nice. I like to change up my my skins and themes but that is more because im bored.

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I won't buy a Mac, but I love my iPhone 4. Couldn't wish for anything else. My wife has a Macbook Pro and I hear her swearing at it all the time :)

16. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I have had my samsung fascinate for probably close to a year now and honestly its been both bad and good. I sync with my gmail account and do all my scheduling and email from it so thats great. Menu and navigation hasn't really bothered me so much. I was hesitant having the touch screen bc with working on cars during the day I didn't know how it would turn on. that hasn't caused any issues. seems like most phones have lost there keys anyways so this was kind of a moot point.

What is causing me to contemplate getting the Iphone is that the samsung phone freezes constantly, service is absolutely trash (for me at least), and and for a period of time, I wasn't receiving some calls and texts, and never being prompted that I missed anything. This didn't have to do with my service as I had mutiple phone calls with verizon and others were having this issue. Not good when you have customers trying to reach you.

The fascinate would have been great if it worked properly as it should, but it doesn't always. that would make me hesitant to buy the SII or droid.

Unfortunately, with phones and technology these days I don't think I will ever have a phone again in my lifetime were I can say its has ZERO issues. the phones do too much and there's just always something.

17. Kilo6_one

Ive been a loyal dell fan....... why do you not like Mac's? just curious, everyones reasoning is different. I would only use it for Word processing, surfing the net, buying stuff etc..... nothing heavy like graphics etc. I just like the clean factor, no wires etc everywhere.

18. Kilo6_one

Motorolas freeze up even more, and if you root your phone it helps substantially.... but the last phone I had that was trouble free was a Motorola Star Tac LOL.........

Oh i miss those days.

19. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

Can't we just love both guys? iPhones is great for some (such as my parents) and android.. well for me. I would agree that android seems troublesome at first (especially if you jumped from a "dumbphone"), but once you really get use to it you won't have too many complaints or maybe will want more (rootz). We should all just appreciate how competitive the smart phone market is, if it wasn't for their cut throat environment then our mobile devices wouldn't be advancing so quickly. Without smart phones I doubt the general public would use cloud computing.

20. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

when i think of the beginning of flip cell phones that is THE phone that comes to mind...I remember when my father first got it, then a couple days later proceeded to drop it in the toilet by accident haha