Interior film??

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by merlin3008, May 31, 2010.

1. merlin3008

merlin3008 Birth of a Detailer

Hey all...I just did a full detail on my wife's new car. One area that I know is going ot be a problem is the door sill. It's a big beige plastic sill that I know is going to get dinged up from her shoes as she climbs in and out. Does anyone know if they make a matte finish clear tape that could protect this area but be a little inconspicuous?

Thanks!

2. Carbon

Carbon DB Forum Supporter

Dont know of any film for that. Depending on the type of finish on the plastic you could use a wax. Might sound silly but its sort of a barrier like it is on paint. I've done this and worked ok.

3. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I know 3M makes a clear vinyl type film you can wrap your precious electronics in, or stick on your headlights. Like a clear bra, just not as thick. At least I'm pretty sure it's 3M.... haven't looked it up in a while. Google is also your friend ;)

4. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

Yes there is a clear tape that is simular to clear bra but it is removable. It is designed for paint and has a fairly low stick so it won't harm the surfaces and comes off with out glue residue. It goes for $17.99cdn for a roll 6" x 100'. Larger rolls are 18" x 100' for $39.99cdn.

In the US you can get it trough Griot's Garage

5. merlin3008

merlin3008 Birth of a Detailer

awesome...thanks guys. i'm going to check these out.