Interior Detail: 2009 Audi A4 Prestige

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by hoppy6698, Jul 8, 2010.

1. hoppy6698

hoppy6698 Birth of a Detailer

First off - this is my own DD, so its not terribly off, and I would like to think I keep it pretty well maintained.

However, recently I moved and had to drive myself and my dog (first time in the Audi, Shepard size mutt) about 1200 miles. After this, the interior had floating dog hair everywhere, small scuff marks at the base of the rear doors, drool down the rear panels and generally smelled like dog.

So, as my new place has a full 2 car garage (Woohoo!), I figured a full top to bottom interior detail was required. Apologies for not using the SLR up front, only had the PNS Canon as we were still unpacking.

First off, lets see the gear:
    [​IMG]

From Detailersdomain - the Full Einz Interior kit plus some freshener from CG, Stripper scent. More on the final scent later.

Other tools used:
    - Rigid 1250 Wet/dry vac with VT 2534 Auto detailing kit
    - About 20 various MF towels
    - Rubber brush for pet hair
    - Nitrile gloves

Okay, so some before / after shots. I will put these one right after the other to show the differences, hopefully easier to read as well.

Passenger Front seat:
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

A bit more in the picture on the second shot, but you get the idea.

Driver side:
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little bit of Einz deep cleaner left in the brake pedal there, better go clean that up :doh:

Rear seat. The dog was in a sling for the most part, but obviously that only goes so far in protecting the leather.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Rear side door (lovely drool :p):
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Final Cockpit shot:
    [​IMG]

From start to finish, top to bottom cleaning and vacuuming - 3 hours.

Returning to the final scent. The Einz is fairly overpowering and reminds me of a new car smell, but not particularly pleasing. I added the Stripper scent from CG to cut some of that down. By the next morning, the interior smells better than new car - a milder version of "too damn clean".

The Einz products are awesome - not a trace of the dog left in the car. The interior now looks and smells better than when I picked it up at the dealer. I almost feel like its too clean to sit in, but I love doing so :D

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the read.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

very nice and lovely!!!

3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

cleaned up nicely man. What kind of Audi you have? Seems like more people have Audi's now on the forums.