Interior Cleaning Question

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by spencer785, Apr 16, 2010.

1. spencer785

spencer785 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi there just wondering i usually keep my interior pretty clean but after a week or two sometimes a month there is a good layer of dust over the interior. Do you guys dust first or just spray cleaner and wipe. This is probably a dumb question but just wondering. Thanks

2. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

usally i just take a mf towel and some meguiars quik interior detailer and wipe down everything. If i had a duster i would use that since it would probably be faster and i could get into the air vents without having to break out a separate detail brush.

one advantage to wiping down the interior is that it would probably be cleaner and if the spray that you are using has some sort of UV protection or has a desired finish. I like my interior to be matte and not shiny, thats why i use meg's quik interior detailer, although i would like to buy some 1Z cockpit premium sometime

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Just a thought-how 'clean' is the cabin air filter?

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I very rarely use a cleaner on my interior. If its just a bit dusty, a damp mf is all I use. All the interior protectants we sell have an anti dusting property to them and yes, it actually works.

5. Audi2.7t

Audi2.7t Two Bucket System Washer

If its just dust, i usually use swifter dry dusting cloths. They're cheap, quick, and pick up and hold onto alot of dust, so your not just moving it around your interior. And when you're done, you can just throw it out.

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

For light dust or pollen use a tack cloth as this will ‘lift’ the dust, once the dust has been removed you can then use your normal cockpit cleaning products without the risk of causing smearing or worse scratches