Input Needed: (proto-type) Mini- Turkish Lambwool Wheel Wash Mitts

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by David Fermani, Nov 25, 2013.

1. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

[SIZE=10.5pt]Input Needed: Proto-Type Mini- Turkish Lambwool Wheel Wash Mitts[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I thought I would pose this proto-type product to everyone to get their thoughts. It's basically a hand mitt that is designed for cleaning/washing wheels, wheel wells & tires. It really fits like a glove and easily slides over the front of your hand (4 fingers) and gives the user great leverage when meticulously cleaning wheels. Made from Turkish lambswool and is the same material exclusively used in the new HD lambswool buffing pads. It allows great access and stability for cleaning tight areas of a wheel including the face, spokes , barrel and especially behind wheel spokes. It prevents the user from banging their hands up on sharp edges and also stays firmly positioned to users hand with the stretchable elastic band.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]HD is considering this product and is also working on a dedicated larger hand wash mitt to be used for the rest of car. (made with similar materials).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Give me your thoughts (both positive & negative) for consideration. Would you buy a product/tool like this? If not, why? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][​IMG][/SIZE]

rwisejr likes this.
  2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Looks like a good seller to me .

3. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

Wildly enough I had taken the adams merino mitt I had an extra off and had this idea as well. Chopped it up and turned it into a similar 4 finger more detailed mitt like this. Works great for me, but due to my rigged up design it fell apart after a while, found it very helpful for the time it worked. I would pick up one if these are made, price point will be big point of these though compared to a full mitt.

4. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

So far we've had lots of interest in this.

Glad to know if worked for the meantime atleast! I would imagine that they would retail for under $10. Does that sound reasonable?

5. jlt23

jlt23 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have one similar to that (I think by Lake Country), but I never use it because it turns my fingers black.

6. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Looks like a good product that would gain traction.