I'll Never Do Another Interior Without This Tool

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

STEAMER... This tool totally rocks:righton:

I picked it up a few weeks ago at a yard sale, the owner plugged it in prior to me purchasing it and it wasn't working so she gave it to me for free. I took it apart, put it back together and it worked.... It has been sitting for a few weeks BUT today I finally decided to try it out

All I have to say is it was freeking awesome... I ussed it for those little cracks that get crud in them that you need something like a a toothpick to get out..NO more toothpics for me!!!

I also used to to steam all the carpets and seats and then extracted..

All I have to say is if you don't have one.. YOU SHOULD!!!:awesome:

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

im intersted... :awesome:

so is it one of the small personal steamers or a big one?

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I have 2 steamers. One broke on me :(:( when I get a chance I might try to take it apart, but they are great! Leather cleans up pretty fast with a shot of steam. I like using it on tires too. I am dying without my bigger steamer, I have one of those tiny gutless ones right now until I have time to pick up another one.

EDIT: Mike once I get mine repaired or I buy a new one you can come over and play with it, or you can borrow it for a week...just don't break it.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Post up a pic of one of these. I have a steamer (Jiffy) that I use for my clothes.

Probably not the same thing, hah!

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

You guys are gonna laugh when you see what I used.

I didn't think it was going to be anything that great when I got it from the yard sale which is why it sat for at least three weeks after I fixed it but I couldn't pass it up for free...

Now that I have seen the results I am pleased...

Regardless of the looks of the thing "the proof is in the pudding"

Just went out and snapped a pic...Here she is...lol

[​IMG]

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice, I've been looking at steamers for a long time now....still haven't found one that I like but I do agree with you steamers make cleaning leather, carpet, plastic anything.

Thanks for sharing buddy and the results are incredable :wicked:

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Thanks man - I would like something a little more professional grade... I have a few more hardware items I want #1 Flex #2 Mytee #3 professional grade steamer #4 Foam Lance - this will do until then.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Yup, I'm with you on the list bro. Hopefully soon I'll have my detailing collection done ;)

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Is it ever really done?? I hope so..ha ha

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Me too :( becuase I'm running out of room in the house. There are lots of things that I still want to get but once I receive all the orders I got pending I should be set for a bit ;) well at least till summer hahahaha

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I guess we know we have a problem we we need to move so we can have more room for our stuff.. oopps, already happened to me...lol

I hear you about next year for more supplies. It's hard for me to justify extras right now...old man winter is on his way...I'm protected.

12. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

You mentioned you want a steamer for more reasons - please share.

Also what model you you have your eyes on and do you have a source that you've identified as having the best price?

Thanks

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Yup, I agree steamers make cleaning anything faster. I've seen a video of an engine bay being cleaned out and it works great. Doing carpet is wicked too as it was pointed out here, less chemicals it dries really fast :wicked: Best part too is that you can use it around the house and that's how I sold it to my wife.

ZoranC, I cant remember the one that I was looking at but it was an industrial one and about the same price as you...I wonder if it's the same one as I was looking at...I'll look for the link and posted up shortly.

14. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Will a steamer replace the need for an extractor?