I think I am in over my head (interior)

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Tonya, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Some of you may have seen the other thread and I wanted to let you know the interior is done.
    Products used:
    Floex
    Krud Kutter
    Bissell pet odor and stain removal formula
    DP Total interior Cleaner
    Jax Wax Dash Vent Magic (thanks showroom shine)
    Stoner Invisible Glass
    303 Aerospace Protectant
    ONR
    As you will see my friend like McDonalds and coffee :giggle:

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

was he also useing his rugs for wiping his ass??:yikes:

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

looking great wow!!!

4. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

wow! nice and clean..hmmm.. i wonder if you friend is still alive..all those mcdonalds...hmm!
    just kidding ..:doh: i love the work you've done..

5. howareb

howareb Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great Job. I just had my extractor serviced so I purchased a little green for the next couple of details that I have. Going by your results it should work out pretty well.

6. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

wow looks great, that is awsome turn around. you must be very happy

7. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Tonya..the work done so far is GREAT..I am impressed with what you accomplished ..from the looks of the interior and the water..you should of had a Haz Mat team standing by...l0l...

Super Duper job...

AL

8. Tonya

:giggle: I sure hope not :giggle:
    Thanks! Yep alive, well and slim too :shrug: Maybe he gets a kliddie meal :shrug:
    I have never used an extractor, but I am impressed with the little green machine :thumb:
    Thanks! I am happy! :headbang: I wish the mats would have turned out better, but I scrubbed the heck out of them in the shower and got everything I could. The water kept rinsing clean :shrug: I even used more ARO to see if it would get more out and no luck. The stains are set in :thud:
    Thanks AL :applause2: I wanted to make you guys proud of me. See I am a good student. :graduation: Each process I could recall the different things you all have taught me. ~Thanks!

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Add me to the list of congratulatory (spelling?) posters - nice work!

So, from the title of the thread it seems you doubted "the force", now that you have completed the interior did you do better than you thought you were capable of?

The look on the owners face when he sees it will be priceless!!

Tell the owner that if he lets it get like that again the car will be repossed.

10. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Awesome job on the interior Tonya!:applause:

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Awesome job Tonya I am very impressed with how it turned out. Can't wait to see it completely done!

12. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

Wow, great turn around so far Tonya! I am always amazed at how people can trash out a vehicle and STILL drive it around daily. Please remember not to short yourself when it comes time to figure up the bill. If you divide out your bill into the number of years the car has been driven and not touched, it breaks down into a small amount. It is not your fault the owner is a slob. This is someting I have finally come to realize in my own work.

Good luck with the rest of your "project"! :thumb:
    Dave

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

What's the jax vent magic and krud cutter products?

14. Tonya

Thanks, yep it felt great to finish the lines on the mats and admire my work! I have to admit I thought to myself I hope they guys are proud of me. Most of all I wanted to prove it to myself! I try to be a good student and learn from each and everyone of you :graduation:
    Thanks!
    It will be next weekend I hope! I will keep you all updated!
    Well Dave I hate to disappoint you but I am not getting paid. I asked to do this car so I could apply everything I have learned and get hands on experience. Plus, I wanted to time myself find out just how long each section takes me. I know I will be slow to start... so if I do someone car I want to allow enough time. I figure this one is worse cases for a time line :thumb:
    Jax Wax dash vent magic is something Showroom shine gave me. It says it is a special no-fuss brightener for vinyl, rubber and plastic. Specially designed for hard to reach areas such as air conditioning vents. ~ It smells great too. A clean scent!
    Krud Kutter is from Lowes. I use it around the house all the time. Love it for the top of the stove, carpet cleaning machine and mop water. In the carpet cleaning machine I use a little less than recomended, it is very sudsy. Mr. got fresh tar on the carpet once and this stuff took it up full strength without bleaching the carpet. I Love it!

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

So how do you use/apply this jax stuff?

16. Tonya

Here is what is on the can :thumb:

Dash vent magic is a clear, odorless dressing which provides water-resistant high gloss shine. Dash vent magic brightens and renews any vinyl, rubber or plastic surface. Great for those hard to reach places. Use for tires, door seals, rubber bumper, a/c vents etc. Dash vent magic takes care of all the final details fast, fast fast!

Here is the directions:
    Prepare surface. Remove dirt, dust, oil and grease. Dry the surface Test spray on inconspicous area or scrap piece to check compatibility. Hold can 10" to 12" from surface. Use a stroking motion. Apply two or more coats rather than one heavy coat. For best results, spray at 70 to 80 degrease. Polish Surface, if desired, using a soft cloth after allowing spray to dry a few minutes.

17. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Great work Tonya! Looking sweet especially in comparison to what you had to start with.
    Looks like a TON of work too.
    Sure is satisfying when you see the results of your labor isn't it?

18. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

I got the same Bissell! Love it, good buy for only $70.

19. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

You are doing good....:giterdone:
    Before pics :yikes:
    After pics :applause2:

20. Tonya

Thanks Black Diamond. I just entered it in the March competition :thumb:
    Yep it's a trooper :thumb:
    :giterdone: i did get her done and just entered the March competition. Thanks for the support and encouragement :applause2: