I-Pod Found In my shop Vac

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by ghost28, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ghost28

ghost28 Birth of a Detailer

I usually empty my shop vac after each detail and store the Hose inside which also lets me check it for odd items that may belong to my customer....

well last week (Tuesday) i did a customers Truck (sorry no pics...i only had one day and it was a mess)...i finised the truck about a half hour after dark and figured i would just throw all of my supplies into my truck and head home.....

i took the big vac out of the truck and left it in the garage....well today i get a call from the customer asking if i saw his wifes I Pod in the truck....i get a lil nervous because its a good customer and i didnt want him to think that i stole it or something.....i tell him no i didnt see it but i would check all of my stuff to make sure it didnt get in there some how.....i also reminded him that everything i took out of the truck was in a box in his garage.....

i head out to my truck and look through all my stuff and my dirty towel bin in my garage and no I-Pod....i look over into the corner and see my Big Vac....i think to myself...NOOOO Waaayyyy.....i open the vac and low and behold a I-Pod Nano 4G is jammed in the hose at the vac head and the earphones are still attached dangling into the nasty swill thats in the vac.....Right away i call my customer and apologize first for not finding it when i cleared out all his belongings and secondly for not emptying the vac sooner and finding it.....

he starts laughing hysterically and asks if it still works....i hit the button and on it went...i hooked my headphones to it and it worked...i wiped it down and dropped it off to him....we had a good laugh at his wifs expense.....:applause2:

other items i have found in the past have been a Rhinestone studded Dog Collar for a customers ankle biter, tons of kids toys, a pair of Thong underwear and a ton of odd keys.....

anyone else have any funny Vac stories????

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

NICE! What QD did you use to clean up the iPod?

3. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Thongs O_O in a vac....

hahah funny story!

4. ghost28

i used some Megs Lats Touch.....my favorite QD ever......

the thong suprised me too.....you never know whats lurking under peoples car seats...LOL.....

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

isucked up pens, change, but no thongs or i-pods.

6. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Great story. looks like your customer knows you better than that...Nice...:thumb:

7. ghost28

yeah he is a friend of a friend so i know he trusts me....hell he left for work and left his house open so i could have a bathroom to use while he was gone....

8. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i have vacuumed .45apc rounds before

9. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Wow.....must have been the funniest thing lol

Thongs....oh my !

10. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I sucked up a condom once, unused and sill in the package thankfully

11. ghost28

imagine a Used one.....EEEEEWWWWWW

Kinda scary....what did ya do with em???

i still get a chuckle out of it....the funny thing is that you think i would have felt it run through the hose.....

12. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

well since i didnt which car they were from i kept them and put them in my colt lol

13. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

That is pretty funny!

14. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

When i worked at this place back in NY before starting my own little one man operation me and my boss were doing this older gentlemans caddy DTS and i was vacuuming it and i saw something partially under the carper by where the seat goes into the floor and i grabbed it and pulled out a full rosary! I knew the guy was pretty religious because he had this solid silver dashboard jesus so i gave it to him when we dropped off his car and he got all emotional and told me he lost the rosary weeks ago and it had been his mothers and such. he tried to give me a tip but i told him that he could just consider it my good deed for the day. It felt good to give somebody back something that was that important to them. My boss told me he'd found a rolex watch once in a car he did. no really funny or gross stories though haha, i would feel very awkward pulling a thong out of my vacuum!

15. ghost28

wow...that is a great story....stuff like that makes what we do worth it .....

the thong was grosss and i pulled it out with a pair of pliers.....shoulda took a pic....LOL...