I now own a JEEP!!!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Chas, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

After this recent fender bender I had with someone running into the back of the Mazda I decided it might be nice to have a little more metal around me plus I wanted more room and 4WD capabilities. Before the accident I had been searching as well and couldn't find exactly what I wanted and kept going back and forth between 4Runner and Jeep. Well last night after 3 hours of negotiating and nearly walking out 3 times on the sales guy I got the deal of a lifetime (nice to go at the end of the month and end of the year). It's a one owner 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 40,000 miles dead on. Who ever had it before me ordered the Boston Acoustic Premium sound package and fog light which are a plus since those seem to be options on the Limited. I have had a grin from ear to ear since last night. Also, as a plus and what made the deal sweater, on the inside door it says made in the Good Ol' US of A. She's a swirly one and is definitely going to need a full on correction come spring. Without further adieu here she is.... (Sorry for the bad iPhone pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Nice and you got the best color too! Is it the 6 or 8? Any plans for mods? tint,wheels.............etc

3. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Thanks! Yeah I was looking for silver and got what I wanted. It's the 6, and that helps since I commute a bit, don't need an 8 at the moment. As far as mods go, I am currently trying to find a place to go to at lunch to get the front windows tinted, I always have tint and I feel naked without it. After that I think just an intake to help it breathe a bit then just leave it be.

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Cool. I have had tint on every car I have EVER owned can't live w/o it..........................lol. A CAI and a cat back exhaust should help her breath better and get better MPG. If you can score a set of SRT8 wheels, they really change the look and stance. Enjoy!

5. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Congrats Chad ... nice looking Jeep. Let me know if you need help detailing it. We can do a weekend detailing marathon on that car ... lol.

6. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Nice SUV Chad, +1 on those SRT-8 wheels they definitely make the car look a lot meaner.

7. mutmanns

mutmanns DB Forum Supporter

Congrats Chas. Another accident? I guess it truly was time to let the Mazda go. Hope we get some decent snow so you can test the Jeep out.

8. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Thanks guys!

Yeah Chuck I was rear ended down here in Arlington a few weeks ago. It was almost like the car was a bad omen between the deer ramming the side of the car and this rear ender it was just time for it to go. Insurance is MUCH less on the Jeep and I feel safer with more metal around me and the option of 4wd when I want it. Miss you guys up there in Maryland! I'll have to come back up that way soon.

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Im liking the new jeeps alot, +10 on the SRT wheels, even the replicas on tirerack are nice.

10. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Congratulations on the new Jeep !!!!!

It looks beautiful - I really like that color on it !

I have an '09 Grand Cherokee Limited Trail Rated, in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl, with 11k miles on it - I know, it needs to get out more. :)
    Yes, the Boston Acoustics sound system is great ! I really like everything about Jeeps, this is my 2nd one.
    The only things I have been able to afford is Clear Bra, 3" Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, and a K&N Filter, for some reason they have not made the CAI for this model HEMI yet..

You are going to love the ride - its great, its reliable, and has looks and swagger!!

Dan F

11. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

Congrats on your new Jeep.
    We need a smiley which throws coins for when people post about getting a new vehicle.

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Awesome looks familiar....

[​IMG]

13. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

My dad has the SAME exact truck- same color model etc. Going to be purchasing it from him soon! My whole family is Jeep and we love them....enjoy!!!

14. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Congrats on the new ride, Chas! It looks really great.

15. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Im a Jeep fan as well!! Looks great! As stated the SRT8 wheels are awesome,but i say lift it and get some 33's on that thing! IMO,lol Congrats on your new ride