I need some honest help on Wax and Sealant

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by sobelsaint, Sep 8, 2010.

1. sobelsaint

sobelsaint Virgin Detailer

I am detailing cars and have a couple of questions I am hoping I can get answered.

As for wax right now I am using OCW and was wondering is there another carnauba type wax that is going to get me dramaticly better results and durability that is easy to use and does not cost a fortune?

As for sealers I have the same question and right now I use Opti Seal and also have PB exp as well as NXT2.0.

I want to know if I should invest in more products or is what I have good enough. I know there are a million products and everyone likes different ones so lets hear it.

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

If you want a wax that provides good durability and doesn't break the bank reach for some:

collinite 845 which is about $15 for a 16oz bottle. Stuff is great and very easy to work with.

As far as a sealant goes:

I personally use wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 paint sealant which is about $35-$40 and i have had great success with it.

I would like to try Menzerna Power Lock as i heard great things about that as well.

The ending results and durability though will be effective by prep so if the car is in horrible shape and you just slap some wax on don't expect for it to last as long as it would if the paint was clayed and polished.

Hope that helps.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Collinite 845 ftw. 6+ months of durability. Looks great, expecially on lighter colors.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

+1 for collinite 845.

as far as sealants, either menzerna powerlock or werkstat ajt.

5. infinity

infinity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Any collinite wax for durabilty.

Sealants my fav is werkstat acrylic, Adams machine superwax is a sealant , Zaino z2 ...

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you want to keep it simple and inexpensive, get Colli 845 or Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger. Both are under $20, are dead easy to use and have great durability.

7. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

+1 for Collinite 845. I'm also really starting to like Prima Epic.

Ken, how would Acrylic Jett Trigger work on red? I know it does real well on lighter colors.

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks awesome!

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Colinite 845, fk 1000p (apply thin), bilt hamber finis wax, DP poli seal, wet obessions paste

10. sobelsaint

sobelsaint Virgin Detailer

Is 845 better than OCW? Would you reccomend one for one color and one for another or is 845 just all around better.

Is Poli Seal on the same level as Workset Acrylic or Power Jacket? And same question about sealants would one be better for one color and one for another?

11. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

a gallon of OCW is cheaper =)